• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy DONE!!!

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Got decals on the wheel hubs and on the lower wings!! :woohoo: B) So far so good (y)

hcd099cf.JPG

h292d4da.JPG

h328f72e.JPG

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Thanks y'all fer followin' along on this here build. :drinks I do appreciate all y'all doing so & I'm kinda surprised I haven't received much feedback on this. That's ok tho, I know my work needs improvement so, let's see what y'all think... I went & lightly sanded down the paint & went over most of it after thinning down the paint in a lid.

h4c43deb.JPG

h3bee55b.JPG

h21c9ff2.JPG

h40ecf2b.JPG

hfdd150f.JPG

h4900b97.JPG

h4900b97.JPG

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Brush strokes are still pretty heavy, I couldn't find those post about brush painting. What I remember was it pretty much have to be as thin as it would be for airbrushing.

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Brush strokes are still pretty heavy, I couldn't find those post about brush painting. What I remember was it pretty much have to be as thin as it would be for airbrushing.

Hmmm, ok thanks Bob.I'm still learnin' so, be gentle wit me :frantic I'll keep that in mind about thinning it some more...

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

All I care about is that you're having fun.

Well... are you?

Regards,

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Managed to mask off & paint the canopy and the horizontal stabilizers today. Will work on it some more tomorrow... :good:

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

I do believe there's very little left to do on this. Did the touch up paint so, am letting it dry & may get more decals on her tonite (y) :D :drinks

Back