• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-38M Night Lightning

Trying to figure-out how I missed-out 'till now on this :blush: .... Excellent work, Rich - I've built two of these Academy P-38's (and have another in the stash), from memory the build & fit of the booms isn't too problematic, shouldn't give you too many headaches.

Ian

Upon further review, the K-14 wasn't fitted operationally on P-38's, only for testing. So I'll have to remove that little round blob attached to the glare shield, scratch build the mounting brackets that attach to the windscreen and adapt one of the other aftermarket gun sights (N-3 or Mk VIII)to look like an L-3.

Thanks Ian. Hope it goes smoothly, I've got 5 other variants in the stash.

Cheers,
Rich

What scale are you working in? I got two 1:48 academy kits that might have a spare gun sight in them.

Thanks MP, but the Academy kits don't have the correct late mount in any kit. The mounting bracket on the late J's and L's was attached to the windscreen. I think Eduard's release of the P-38 with the Brassin cockpit but I haven't seen that offered as a separate item.

gunsightmount_zps8effc0b8.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Back