• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-10 PLAYERS ON BOARD

Re: "OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-8 PLAYERS NEED 10

Wahoo!!! Yo Terry!! We got ourselves a quota ;)

P-47D2795131878FS.jpg

Just saying... not sure if this Operation Torch...

Regards,

Didn't they ferry the Juggs on jeep carriers and launch for recovery on land?

I'm thinking SBD time. :pilot

Yup...I'll be building an SBD-4 and a Matilda :)

Never mind, this is P-47D-11-RE 42-75302 Dee-Icer, 318th FG, 78rd FS, taking off of the CVE Manila Bay...

P-47D-11-RE42-75302318FG73FSDee-IcerManilaBay6.jpg

Here she is during maintenance:

P-47D-11-RE42-75302318FG73FSDee-Iceroverhaul.jpg

Regards,

Re: "OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-9 PLAYERS NEED 10

Thanks for sharing Saul! Second picture is a great reference for possible diorama...

All the best! ;)
Dusan

Re: "OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-9 PLAYERS NEED 10

And we have number 10!!!! Now we can work on the schedule.

:soldier

Didn't they ferry the Juggs on jeep carriers and launch for recovery on land?

Probably, but they took off by catapult off the CVE Manila Bay on their mission to Saipan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR3yR0ZOpxc

Regards,

You know...I'll admit I've seen pics of Mustangs and Spitfires on carriers before, but I had no idea they had Jugs on them. Course I suppose if you could run Mitchells off of them, anything is possible!

Although, I'm very new to this forum, I welcome a 'Torch" campaign. It would give sound reason to build my CA Supermarine Walrus. The Walrus was used in the recon role during Operation Torch. Like most of the other types, it was also dressed in the American Star with a yellow surround.

Sounds like we got a player her guys! even though you are new here you're more than welcome to join in a campaigns. We'll figure out a start date soon enough.

Sure Bob...sounds good! I am on vacation in VA with limited Wifi access until the 16th so checking in will be sporadic ;)

OK, it's settled, We're going for a quick build on this one. Start Aug1 2011 and end Nov8 2011. What we're wanting to do is strike this build while the passion is high. I'm already placing my order for a SDB and some mask to get ready.

So let's git'er done!

Back