• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-10 PLAYERS ON BOARD

Jeeves

Hi all...

I know I am realatively new here and there are plenty of good ideas kicking around...but in looking at my stash yesterday, my eyes fell on the Accurate Miniatures Torch SBD and I started thinking about it. There are plenty of ground, air, and sea options to choose from. Just wanted to throw it out there and see what folks thought...

Re: Operation Torch

mike - it doesn't matter if you are relatively new or member right from the start! if you have a good idea and suggestion, post it! your suggestion is as welcome as from any else member who contributes to here! :)

and your idea is good and indeed gives plenty of possibilities - i like it!

let's see what the others say and how much interest it generates!

Torch offers some interesting schemes with the egg shell color markings on us armor to the yellow outline of the insignias on the Wildcats.

Noo....not another Wildcat!!!!

Mike dooooood, I would so be into an operation torch build man.

ya
rly
srsly

:D

I do believe Torch is early enough to paint the GI's grenades yellow !!!

Some one help me out here , when did they start painting over the yellow US issue grenades ?

When the enemy started seeing them coming??
Never heard of yellow grenades.

Yeah baby!!! Sounds good to me.

Terry B)

Even though it's a b/w pic. the write up that went with the pic. stated that , ........ grenades were painted yellow for training and easy identification , ......... the article went on some more but I can't remember if they were painted after Torch and before Husky , or later .

Also don't know if this is a unit history or a standard US Army practice .

I saved this pic. because I also thought it was an odd WWII fact .

grenades.jpg

OK it seems I piqued a little interest here ;)

I am not sure about the grenades...there used to be a site called "All About Warfare" with some awesome gurus there...they helped me tremendously when I was doing aircraft loadout research for a flight sim but have since made it into a closed site. They would know for sure though...

Shall I start up a count?

Thanks for bringing this one back up top...looks like we can at least start a count here...I'll change the heading when I get back from work...

Looks like we have about four concrete players so far. Man I can think of all kinds of things to do for this one.

Terry B)

I agree Terry...I might do 2 ;)

OK-- 4 so far...I would change the subject heading but I can't seem to edit it?

Re: "OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-4 PLAYERS NEED 10

Well...since this one probably wouldn't start until next year, we have time ;)

I'll try to get some motivational historical pics up later today to hopefully generate some interest ;)

Re: "OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-4 PLAYERS NEED 10

Here we go... sorry for the delay but I had students making up labs so was at school late. Please add more if you got them...
torch-sbd-1.jpg

Operation-Torch-1942-02.jpg

operation_torch.jpg

Photo04cvFurious1NP.jpg

army_mil-2008-10-30-1225389728.jpg

operation_torch.jpg

And for Bob

F4F-4_CV-4_11_1942.jpg

;)

This was just after a quick Google search...hard to find pics from Torch that aren't pics of people's models! Didn't see much for the Axis side after a quick search...but I will keep digging...I only get a limited amount of time of this computer as my wife has her schoolwork to do...

Back