• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-10 PLAYERS ON BOARD

Re: "OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-4 PLAYERS NEED 10

I wonder what would be good for me to build for this.

Pretty much any British, American, French, or German armor/aircraft/artillery etc. from late 1942 through mid-43... Are you in Chad? ;)

Pretty much any British, American, French, or German armor/aircraft/artillery etc. from late 1942 through mid-43... Are you in Chad? ;)

Shalom.

I'm not Chad.

I thought this group build was just for US forces in Operation Torch. However, if it includes British vehicles in North Africa in the time period of late 1942 - mid 1943 then I can join in with a couple of SAS jeeps or LRDG tucks.

Please let me know if those are acceptable to you.

Cheers from Peter

I'm not Chad.

No you're not Peter, but the poster just above that reply is Chad.

;)

As far as Operation Torch, it was a British/American invasion and they were fighting the French and I'm fairly certain the Luftwaffe was bombing the Allied ships so that would explain why any and all of what he mentioned would be acceptable, not just US forces.

Dude.

Early half tracks, scout cars, soft skins... yellow stars, or white stars with yellow circles, 48 star American flags on the side... maybe some mud camo...

c'mom Chad, you know you wanna!

Do It!

DO IT!

:D

Dude.

Early half tracks, scout cars, soft skins... yellow stars, or white stars with yellow circles, 48 star American flags on the side... maybe some mud camo...

c'mom Chad, you know you wanna!

Do It!

DO IT!

:D

No need to twist my arm.:silly: I have an old Peerless Max 2.5t 6x6 in the stash.Hard cab version. I think it is without the hole in the cab for the .50 mount. Now to find out what units used them during the time period. Or I could do an M3 Leeor M3 Stuart in 1st armored division markings.

Don't know when I shall start.

Go Chad..go Chad!! I believe Laura mentioned any new builds wouldn't be starting until 2012 so there is plenty of time to decide on a kit and obtain it if need be...just getting ideas of who might want in.

Peter-- yeah, like Ken said I was talking to general Zod ;) But as for your question-- I was thinking more of any forces in the operation on either side...including Free french or Vichy French...I just happen to be entering an American SBD for mine...but I may do some armor as well...

I believe Laura mentioned any new builds wouldn't be starting until 2012 so there is plenty of time

that was surely before we decided to change our gb procedures! we're reorganizing the group builds in total at the moment!

so torch would start this year ... all we need is ten players!

Great news Laura... well-- if Chad and Peter are into entering that brings us up to 6...

Great news Laura... well-- if Chad and Peter are into entering that brings us up to 6...

Shalom.

If either the SAS jeeps or the LRDG trucks are acceptable then I am in. They would have been more of a scouting or behing the lines type of thing so I wasn't sure it they were okay.

Cheers from Peter

:( I already started my AS42... so I may finish it quietly outside the GB.

:hmmm Perhaps a Vichy French DB-7? I do recall the collector asking me NOT to paint the DB-7 (conversion of the AMT/ERTL A-20B/C kit) in Vichy colors. Some research is needed.

Regards,

I am in with a build.I will probably build that old Peerles Max hard cab duece and a half. Now I just need to find what a 2.5T truck had for 1st AD markings. Lots of reseach shall I do.:hmmm

Bumping this up since we are so close!!

Would my birthday present that I got today qualify?:idonno
bnc35038.jpg

Add me to the list if it does.
Tony lee:)

I suppose it would. Consider yourself added.

Terry B)

Very cool! Gotta have just a few more bites...too bad multiple builds by one person don't count ;)

C'mon Andy...you know you want to ;)

Re: "OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-5 PLAYERS NEED 10

For some reason,an early M5 Stuart is calling me to build it. Tiger Models has a conversion for the AFV Club M5A1. Now to find some good 70th tank battalion reference pix.

Re: "OPERATION TORCH" GROUP BUILD-5 PLAYERS NEED 10

Hello guys!
what's up?

We will TORCH them or what? :ro:

count on me!

obs: I'll pic something American or Bristish stuff.

Cheers :mpup

Back