• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

One Down One to Go

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering why you went with an outboard setup. To me it would have been just as realistic as an inboard.

Awesome work anyway.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering why you went with an outboard setup. To me it would have been just as realistic as an inboard.

Awesome work anyway.
Thanks Paul , no real reason in particular , just wanted to challenge meself into scratch/frankenstein building outboards .
I've always had outboards , I'm a believer in " not losing any on the water time " .
If your inboard shats the bed , your boat is od till it's fixed , could be weeks or more .
Inboard engine trouble , even with twins with only one engine in trouble , you still have to take the boat out of the water to get her fixed .
Yeah , you don't always have to take the boat out of the water , yes it can be worked on while in the water [ depending on the problem ] but till it's fixed it's tied up at the dock till it's fixed .
If your outboard shats the bed , swap it out and maybe loose a day or two on the water till your original outboard is repaired .
Yeah you've got to buy another outboard but having a spare isn't a bad thing .
Aaaaand if you've got twin outboards you can still run your boat on one engine after removing the broke guy outboard till the other is fixed .
Ask me how I know ............

No that's not my boat , just a ref pick I'm using and no I'm not building an exact replica just using it for guidelines .

I cant se any pictures ?

{"data":{"error":"Imgur is temporarily over capacity. Please try again later."},"success":false,"status":403}

Good lord man! How is this possible? This entire build has been pure sorcery, but how did you make such perfect railings and ladders?
1000012959.jpg

The upright stanchions are turned brass and the ladder steps are also turned brass stanchions only smaller .
All the railings and curved ladder parts are bent to form from brass rod .
The stanchions come in all sizes with two , three or four pre drilled holes .
Just search , turned brass model ship stanchions .

Back