• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Oh Dear,.........................

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
My wife tell me I never listen to her or at least thats what I think she said !!!:D

Yesterday after the food shop she tells me not to use the flight of stairs out the front of our house as it was very icy and I should take the shopping up via the basement

Hmmm extra stairs I though,.... so what do I do

Yes I take the icy stairs

So after completing 5 or so trips to the car and back and shopping is in the house

Large smug grin on face , job done

Ooh I left the trunk open so one more trip down the stairs

Treads on ice and whooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Bang bang crash wallop and ended up in a mess at the bottom and that was after I was airbourne and missed out 3 steps

I have a swollen sore black button and a knee the size of a football ( an English one ) and now laid up in bed with ice packs galore

So chaps always listen to the one who has to be obeyed, its less painful

:mpup

Ouch! Feel better...

(She probably thinks it was intentional to spend more time with the hobby and less with house , at least mine would!)chores

Regards,

Oooooh I feel your pain. :( No literally. If it makes you feel any better I have a broken fifth metacarpal right now from slipping on the ice. Luckily I can still hold an Xacto knife and an airbrush! Can't do this though: :ro:

Get well soon!

You need to get a whistle to summon her to your beck and call...maybe not..
I think the smug smile was your undoing. Whenever defying the word of the Wiser Sex refrain for the victory lap till you truly have victory. (18 years of marriage I've learned something)

Sorry for your tumbled Andy, be careful or move to warmer climate.

I feel your pain too!! Fell on some ice Wed. night landed flat of my back on the concrete driveway. Nothing broke, but plenty of pain. Heal up soon

Terry :side:

Seriously Andy , get that knee checked out !!

After many crash and burns on my knees for the last 58 yrs. , ...... they're like Gumby's knees right now . I always know when it's gonna rain or get colder , ......... my knees scream at me .

As for listening to your better half , .......... my wife says I look like Brad Pitts brother Stu , ........ so I better listen to her .............

Alas, poor Andy, I knew him well.
I guess that's what happens when you temp the naughty corner. :gogo At least you won't have to let the dog in and out for a while. I'll bet he listens better than you do, but then he negotiates those back stairs everday.
Thankfully, Karen isn't taking any chances with me. Her women's intuition told her to hire a lady to stop in and care for our two cats and a bird while she's on vacation with her mother in Arizona. I'm gone for 12-15 hours a day, so I really can't "be there" for them. I just hope they're all still alive when she gets home.
We don't have a dog, so I can't find myself in the doghouse. However, as I said, we do have cats. :evil:
Peace and Love,
Randy

Cheers all for your kind words

Oh and I forgot to say that Im recovering from a broken toe and torn achillies tendons after playing proper football ( the one with the round ball that you play with both feet )
and was looking at returning next week

I think not now :(

I can feel your pain, Andy, no really!
emoticon_nod.gif
I've been riding motorbikes for the best part of the last 40 years (and riding hard) and of course, I've had my share of serious accidents. But of all injuries that I have sustained, the ones to my knees are those that never recovered properly - probably because I never did the complete set of necessary treatments. :unsure:

I know that if advice were worth anything, it would be sold and not given away, but take my advice on this one: go check your knee and if the doctor recommends any treament, DO IT! ;)

BTW, although concerned with your fall, the way you described it made me think of a certain movie... Home Alone... does that ring any bells? :laugh:

Cheers and get well soon! B)
Fernao

BTW, although concerned with your fall, the way you described it made me think of a certain movie... Home Alone... does that ring any bells? :laugh:

Yes :D

Back