• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

British GWS-30 Sea Dart and GWS-25 Sea Wolf.

jknaus

Administrator
Got Takoms new SAM kit and started it last weekend.
16218225417702.jpg

Then life interupted modeling when I was cleaning the stairs on the way out to shopping and missed the bottom step. Everything wrenched and sore. Then Tuesday our 16 year old cat George had to be put down due to cancer exactly 2 months from when she was diagnosed. At the time she was a walking skeleton and I couldnt take a picture to remember her by. This is from a better time.
258876937_10216086235827105_7814735211336898791_n.jpg

Well I finally managed to get downstairs today and basically finished the Sea Wolf. No fins on the missiles yet as I need to paint first. Then started the Sea Dart.
Hopefully I will get pictures soon after my camera charges. Still it was nice to have a positive outcome finally.
James

Wow James. Sorry to hear about your furry friend. It is always hard to see them pass on. Also glad you are on the mend. Take care my friend!

Thanks everyone. She was 16 years old so did well. Unfortunately we noticed her losing a lot of weight. Took her for tests and everything was good which ruled out all the curable diseases. Instead she had cancer. The past 2 months we have been giving her steroids to try and combat the disease as we dont have the $10K per treatment for radiation therapy. Although that would probably have killed her due to her age and condition. In the past month she lost another 2 pounds despite gorging day and night. Tuesday she would not eat and wouldnt move and so it was time.
Anyways I didnt sleep last night and so wandered down to the shop this morning and took pictures of the GWS-30 so far. I also got a 3D print done for the first time in weeks. See it in the 3d thread.

DSC09354.JPG
DSC09355.JPG
DSC09356.JPG
DSC09357.JPG
DSC09358.JPG

James I'm sorry also to hear about your cat. I have two of them and it is hard to see them go.

I commend you on the excellent job you did on your latest model. The 3D print on the other thread looked great as well.

Taker care of yourself, I'll be praying for a swift and full recovery.

Back