• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Need help with metal figure please!

Jeeves

My kids are getting into The Lord of the Rings so I thought it would be fun to get a couple figures to paint so we can do some LOTR roleplaying. I have one figure of Sauron that is in a front and rear half-- white metal I am assuming- any ideas on what to use to glue the halves together and for filling gaps afterwards??

I use 5 minte epoxy. Gives you time to move things around and when it sets it is very strong. Sometimes use cyano for things like swords etc. As for filling, I use regular putty or epoxy putty for filling.
James

Epoxy glue for me when gluing heavy parts like limbs etc Superglue is fine for small items . Epoxy putty like Aves for me when filling gaps and holes.

Thanks guys!

I don't have 5 minute epoxy- but I do have some of the gel type glue...I will give that a try first and see how it all works...and if things fall apart, I will go the epoxy route. Thanks again!

Back