• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nakajima J1N1 Gekko

Looking good!
thumbs up.gif

OK, I'm calling this one done. Another great kit from Tamiya, if something doesn't fit, it's your fault ! I will make one suggestion, if you are building it with the gun bay closed, make sure it fits to your satisfaction but don't glue it on before installing the gun barrels. I did and had a devil of a time getting them fit into their sockets as they are recessed far enough in that they can only be seen with a small pen light. I managed to lose two of them before succeeding and if you drop one inside the odds are against getting it out without removing either the gun bay door or the canopy and I didn't want to do either. Fortunately the guns are on one of the duplicate sprues so there are two extra of the long barrel guns. Anyway here are the finished photos...

j1n1-b17.jpg

j1n1-b18.jpg
j1n1-b19.jpg
j1n1-b20.jpg
j1n1-b21.jpg
j1n1-b22.jpg
j1n1-b23.jpg
j1n1-b24.jpg

Thanks for looking ! Unless I missed it I didn't see an end date for this campaign, if it is going to be open another month or two I'd like to build another night fighter as I have a numerous ones still in the stash.

Nice one, Gary. I hate it when things go sideways on a newer Tamiya kit, cause as you say it's not likely the kit's fault!

Back