• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NAA RA-5C Vigilante RVAH-9 "HHMF"

Doh!

I'm getting close myself. Decals done, dullcote done. Just need to finish painting the gear and install the gear doors & wheels. B)

(y) I still have the gear doors to add, the pitot & about 1/2 the decals. Need ta figger out the nose gear tho :frantic

Ok, got the nose gear installed & she's standing on her own now!! (y) Got a few more decals on. Will need a couple hours & she'll be done... B) But, with family coming over, it's hard to get into building... :frantic

h51a46c9.JPG

h57158fd.JPG

h59e9a3e.JPG

h87984e1.JPG

Ok fellas, here's where she sits now. Gotta do a little work to the gear doors & attach them, add the tail, horizontal Stabs & pitot tube & she's done :woohoo: :dance :drinks
h7c1209a.JPG

h8011e59.JPG

h173a88c.JPG

heeac4fc.JPG

hef5f7ab.JPG

Gear doors are attached, burners inplace. Waiting for glue to dry so I can flip her over, slap the tail on & attempt to attach the horizontal stabilizers & a lil touch up paint & she'll be done. :geek

Thanks James!! :drinks She's basically Done!! :geek Just waitin' fer the glue ta dry & see how the stabs do without the supports... :frantic

hc39d89d.JPG

hb553b32.JPG

And hopefully I'll get some finished shots of her tomorrow as the light isn't too good here at night... Stay tuned!! :drinks

Merry Christmas to y'all!!!

Sierra Hotel, Baby!! She looks muscular & fast, even sitting on her gear, even. (y) :drool
Will your Viggie get any external fuel tanks? :pilot :eek:ldguy

Sierra Hotel, Baby!! She looks muscular & fast, even sitting on her gear, even. (y) :drool
Will your Viggie get any external fuel tanks? :pilot :eek:ldguy

Thanks. Nope, no fuel tanks. They normally flew clean. I threw the pylons on just for show. They did however use a flasher pod on the port wing for night recon missions but, didn't last too long since the enemy could zero in on them.

Back