• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NAA RA-5C Vigilante RVAH-9 "HHMF"

Hippy Ed

Found my custom decals for the Hasegawa RA-5C Vigilante so, I'm throwing my hat into this ring :evil:
Start up pics: (used cellphone& computer screen)

hb408569.jpg

h26b41fd.jpg

hb78744e.jpg

ha65619a.jpg

h89cff9a.jpg

I got the kit knowing it had been water damaged awhile back & the decals & instructions are FUBAR. I had a good friend print up decals for my uncle's bird as replacements for this build.
LCDR Charles (Chuck) David Schoonover and Ens. Hal T. Hollingsworth were lost 16 JAN 1966 at Point Dixie in the So. China Sea while making a night trap aboard the USS RANGER (CVA-61) in the RA-5C 149312 AC 901 assigned to RVAH-9 Hoot Owls.

Now that the IL-2m3 is done, I can get back ta work on this here... So far I got the pit done & installed, rattle canned the lower wings & landing gear & the canoe...

hb4a6949.JPG

h3a2235f.JPG

h9d836bb.JPG

Got a lil bit done on this today!! (y)

h5e4d202.JPG

h1854fe0.JPG

h1e20d0f.JPG

h46f70e6.JPG

ha0bda35.JPG

hd8156a3.JPG

h70b01f9.JPG

h33e0514.JPG

There's a few places that need a touch of putty along the seams. Will get to that later tho.. :drinks

I spent a good part of the day cleaning up flash on the landing gear :frantic didn't notice it until after I painted them :bang head
did some putty work as well.

Back