• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Theme Builds...

Welled I've been watching this thread from afar .... Your doing a very nice job of all of Uncle Chucks stuff ..... :good: ...... Nice Cat you've got there ..... make your Secret Santa Proud .... I hope you enjoy it and make it into a stellar Dio ...... Good Luck My friend SSGS ..... :drinks

Welled I've been watching this thread from afar .... Your doing a very nice job of all of Uncle Chucks stuff ..... :good: ...... Nice Cat you've got there ..... make your Secret Santa Proud .... I hope you enjoy it and make it into a stellar Dio ...... Good Luck My friend SSGS ..... :drinks

Thanks Gerry. You know I've had this build idea for a long time & finally got around to doing it. Hoping the weather holds out since it's getting warmer here. I may just be able to go out in the garage and finish off the Banshee & swap out the colors so I can throw some Orange on the Ford too :hmmm
Still doin' research on the PBY & gotta look thru my scraps bin to see if I can cobble up some decals for it...

Well, it's s'poseta be in the high 70s this weekend so, may just git a chanceta sling some paint on the Banshee & da Ford!! :dance :geek :hmmm

Well, the weather cooperated with me but, after watchin' NASCAR, I was gittin' ready ta head out into the garage & Lo N behold, my niece & grand-nephew showed up!! :woohoo: B) :geek So, naturally, I gotta spend time with him... :geek
So, will try for tomorrow ta git out there & sling some paint... :drinks

Was lookin online for a belly shot of the F4D and my grandnephew climbed up in my lap to get a better look at the airplanes on the screen!! :pilot He is drawn to them so, Am gonna try and git him interested in being a Naval Aviator :hmmm COurse, he's only 15 months old...

Well fellas, today was a good day to spray BUT... the danged a/b decided to go on strike :pinch: :bang head GOt everything set up, shot thinner thru the a/b & sprayed nicely & I mixed the paint like I normally do (to the consistency of 2% milk) went to spray, and nada. Nothin' came out!! :S :blink :unsure: :vmad
It worked fine last time I used it & I had cleaned it after using it. I ran thinner thru it again & sprayed properly but, once I tried to spray the paint, nothing. I cranked up the air pressure & still nothing.
Ok, wont be able to do much this week as I'm babysitting my 15 month oold grand-nephew this week, May try to strip it down tomorrow after my niece gets off work... :bat :bat

Well, I tore the Badger 175 down, threw the tip/ head assembly in some thinner & let 'em soak fer a bit. But, when I went to remove the needle, I found the back end of it was bent & released the tightener/ hold down nut(?) part of it fell off. :eek:hmy: :unsure: Ok... I gess it's NFG :bang head :bang head

Sounds Like there May be a Southern Gentleman in the Lumber Yard ...... Is the Boy friend still hanging around ??? :smack :tomato :frantic :eek:ldguy

Sounds Like there May be a Southern Gentleman in the Lumber Yard ...... Is the Boy friend still hanging around ??? :smack :tomato :frantic :eek:ldguy

Yup. one of my first thots when I removed the handle & that pice popped out... :bat :bat
I got a back up 175 so, may swap parts out soon as I get time...

Always good to have a backup. As to the threaded part of that clamp, it could be possible that it was a bit on the thin side and metal fatigue caused it to let go. I love my Badger airbrushes and have 3 different ones the oldest being an ANCIENT single action with a bottle under it. They have always been trouble free and I even opened up, honed and polished out the bottoms of the cup in the 2 newer gravity feed airbrushes. Made a world of difference in how the paint flows.

Always good to have a backup. As to the threaded part of that clamp, it could be possible that it was a bit on the thin side and metal fatigue caused it to let go. I love my Badger airbrushes and have 3 different ones the oldest being an ANCIENT single action with a bottle under it. They have always been trouble free and I even opened up, honed and polished out the bottoms of the cup in the 2 newer gravity feed airbrushes. Made a world of difference in how the paint flows.

Yeah, I have 2) 175s and a 200 single action. For some reason I had to go to the back up 175 which is the one that broke. The other 2 I gess I'll need to strip down to figger out why they aint workin'. I do clean them after use. & Yep, cleaning up the bottom of the cup does help too!! :good:
Think 1 of the 175s I've had about 10 yrs, the 200 I got in 2008 and the other 175 about 5 yrs ago.

Just to clarify Ed I didn't just clean them up, I opened them up (a LOT), smoothed and polished them. Something I noticed with my Krome the other night when I did a thorough clean up is that the little air holes around the secondary tip had gook in them cutting down on the air coming out.

One thing I do when doing a full cleaning is to shave down and sharpen toothpicks and peg the paint out. On the tips it is a little tricky as they are so long and thin. You would be surprised at the crud that comes out of a supposedly "clean" airbrush.

One thing I do have is a welding torch tip cleaner & I do use it every so often to clean those holes you speak of. especially after a heavy spray session or, after a few light sessions.
A couple yrs ago, I sent my brushes into Badger & they replaced a few things & sent them back & I went & cleaned them upon return just so I knew they were clean.

Seein' how the 175 is down, and my grandnephew went home last night, I decided to start brush painting the Orange in the wing tips of the F4D-1 as I'm tired of seein' her naked!! :S So, if things work out, I'll have her painted & ready fer decals by da weekend :eek:hyeah :drunk

Back