• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Theme Builds...

The legs on that tripod can also extend. (have one too) They can either be extended to double their length by pulling out and a slight twist to lock the length (double) or pull them all the way out and it sits about 4 ft up.

The legs on that tripod can also extend. (have one too) They can either be extended to double their length by pulling out and a slight twist to lock the length (double) or pull them all the way out and it sits about 4 ft up.

I haven't tried that yet. Didn't even think about it. :huh: So, do I twist the legs or the foot of the leg?

Pull the foot out. To see what all is there pull one all the way out. The upper section has a groove that has to line up with a mark in the outer part for it to slide in. For it to stay out a slight twist to missalign it from that mark will suffice. The lower sections have a ball that pops up in a hole to keep it extended. To collapse the lower part just push it up. as the ball goes under the upper section it releases and the next section down will slide up underneath.

It is a very handy little tripod for shooting the stuff we shoot. :D

Pull the foot out. To see what all is there pull one all the way out. The upper section has a groove that has to line up with a mark in the outer part for it to slide in. For it to stay out a slight twist to missalign it from that mark will suffice. The lower sections have a ball that pops up in a hole to keep it extended. To collapse the lower part just push it up. as the ball goes under the upper section it releases and the next section down will slide up underneath.

It is a very handy little tripod for shooting the stuff we shoot. :D

:yipee :woohoo: (y)
Thanks for the input! Just dragged it out & tried it! I neva woulda known!! :geek

Another one is added to this thread! the 1/72 Airfix PBY-5A Catalina which will be done up as a VP(B)-53 in JAN 1944. AS a cousin of mine, Lt.(jg) Herbert C. Shively USNR had rescued a Marine Corps pilot of VMF-422 which became known as "The Lost Squadron". He earned the USN & Marine Corps Medal. So, this will be done as a water dio of the rescue... Which will be my first attempt at doing water :hmmm :unsure: But, that'll come waay later tho... :drunk
hbe61268.JPG

h8d13cfc.JPG

h25e53df.JPG

h5461371.JPG

And here's a size comparison with my HU-16B

h3425a63.JPG

This is what I'm thinking of doing with the PBY-5A build...

hfcf9645.jpg

That looks quite nice but I had no idea it was going to be German !

Curious now if it was painted with a silver color. Bare metal and salt water don't make any since to me.

Cheers, Christian B)

I have the HU-16B in the works being done up in the German markings similar to this one, which is how I came upon the water dio idea...
Salt water & BMF don't mix well so, there'd be a coat of paint on it. Possibly aluminum or Silver...

I have the HU-16B in the works being done up in the German markings similar to this one, which is how I came upon the water dio idea...
Salt water & BMF don't mix well so, there'd be a coat of paint on it. Possibly aluminum or Silver...

Just a small thought about German aircraft.... I have never seen one where all the orange was actually orange.

Always seems to have faded to yellow in one place or more. :idonno At least in the 70 - 80's area .

Cheers, Christian B)

It's possible . I have only seen one Albatros and it was in Coast guard white/red .

I was hopping to learn more :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

It's possible . I have only seen one Albatros and it was in Coast guard white/red .

I was hopping to learn more :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Oh so yer after Coasties... Plenty of info on them, just google HUI-16. :good: Sorry, I'm workin' on the Albatros on another thread. Will start a PBY here soon

Back