• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Theme Builds...

What surface is the residue on? If it's clear try Windex but the Windex could eat through the paint job.

What surface is the residue on? If it's clear try Windex but the Windex could eat through the paint job.

Mostly the White lower fuselage & wing root area & side of the nose...

can be seen in this pic
hdb52878.JPG

I found a bottle of Goof Off so, I soaked a Q-tip swab in it & went at it. scrubbed it over the residue lightly & after a few mins I wiped it with a dry cloth. Had to go over it a few times but, think it came out ok. may needta touch up the paint some but, we'll see... Pics are forthcoming... :eek:ldguy

Yeah Windex may have eaten into the finish. I always forget about goof off...waiting for obvious jokes...

Yeah Windex may have eaten into the finish. I always forget about goof off...waiting for obvious jokes...

Yeah, I'm waiting for that too Bob!! :rotf I've worked as a painter & handy man for awhile & used Goof Off to clean up after painting, (over spray, bleed-thru, etc) I figgered why not try it on this. Worst thing is I'd have to strip & repaint... It worked! :good:

Managed to pick up a bottle of Testors Acryllic Flat Black on Thurs. and got the nose painted last night. Will post pics later... Still got some touch up to do

Note to self: after cleaning up the main landing gear, Do Not, I repeat DO NOT test fit before assembling said landing gear... :-[ :'(

Note to self: after cleaning up the main landing gear, Do Not, I repeat DO NOT test fit before assembling said landing gear... :-[ :'(
The landing gear snapped off at the base as I tried to remove it. Now I just went to look at it & see what I can do to fix it and, cannot find the leg!! :bang head :bang head Will have to go look for it but, will haveta wait until I get back from takin' mom to the Dr.

Drill out the base and the leg and insert a brass rod for support but finding the leg would be a start. Maybe the cat will find it for ya?

Drill out the base and the leg and insert a brass rod for support but finding the leg would be a start. Maybe the cat will find it for ya?

That's whut I iz thinkin' BUT, da cat wuzz sleepin' on the job :bat Hopefully I kin find the leg... if not, it'll be gear up :gogo

That's whut I iz thinkin' BUT, da cat wuzz sleepin' on the job :bat Hopefully I kin find the leg... if not, it'll be gear up :gogo

I did a pretty thurough search search for the landing gear... No Joy! :bang head :bang head Gess she'll be gear up when I git the new bench completed :good:

Ok, here's where I is right now... got the bench straightened out & ready fer use!!
Decals are going on the F4D-1 later, after mom's Dr. appt.
h0dd35af.JPG

h45f538b.JPG

hc717ab5.JPG

hc717ab5.JPG

he854ad8.JPG

Nearly done with the decals! Needta put the star & Bar on the lower wing & the intake warnings but, those have to wait since I needta finish painting the intakes :blush:

hfbe4c21.JPG

h368273c.JPG

h739ab2b.JPG

h981d604.JPG

h09d4ebe.JPG

Spent part of the day cleaning off the canopy & windscreen & it appears they clouded up on me! :blink 1st time I've had that happen :frantic Oh well, nothing I can do about it...
Anyways, got some touch up ta do on them when the paints arrive :tomato

Looking good Eddy, try to throw some more light on it and the camera may get a better focus.

Wonder why it fogged up?

Back