• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mobius BG Colonial Viper - Completed!!

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Thanks Luiz, Sherman,

Details are painted and a liberal wash has been applied. Just have to touch up some of the white particularly inside the intakes. Then a dust coat and she should be done. Hope to get it wrapped up this weekend as I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday.

24Viper.jpg

23Viper.jpg

22Viper.jpg

Started working on the base. Bought some styrene tube and heated it in some boiled water to soften it up enough to bend it to the curve of the stand. I intend to thread the wire through the tube to the switch in the base. Turned out pretty good IMHO. Just have to carve a hole in the base now to fit the tube. Then it will get a coat of black paint.

21Viper.jpg

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

I love the way you're doing the wire management into the base. That's a very clean and attractive method.
I've loved these ships since I was a kid when the show originally aired. You really nailed the look of the Viper.

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Thanks everyone for your generous comments and for following along on this. :drinks

Well finely some progress on this one :beer

Looks great mate (y) :popcorn

:hmmm ... note to self, must find all of SA Dave's idle build posts and harass him! :evil: :fencing :D

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Thanks everyone for your generous comments and for following along on this. :drinks

Well finely some progress on this one :beer

Looks great mate (y) :popcorn

:hmmm ... note to self, must find all of SA Dave's idle build posts and harass him! :evil: :fencing :D
Where is the fun in that I have loads of those Its when somebody has only one build that that build iritates em :evil:

Back