• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mobius BG Colonial Viper - Completed!!

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Looks good Dave ... my question is do you want it to be illuminated in the dark or just in model show light ... the engines look Ok while the instrument panel is abit too bright if you put a 270 ohm resistor on your pit led it should bring the intensity down some and stop the light bleed trough on your fuse the flat black paint should work ... you can use any resistor more ohms less light ... :woohoo: :drinks :good:

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Looks good Dave ... my question is do you want it to be illuminated in the dark or just in model show light ... the engines look Ok while the instrument panel is abit too bright if you put a 270 ohm resistor on your pit led it should bring the intensity down some and stop the light bleed trough on your fuse the flat black paint should work ... you can use any resistor more ohms less light ... :woohoo: :drinks :good:

I hear what your saying but when I took the pictures of the interior lights I had not put on the main instrument panel decal yet. Now that it is on it looks much better. I'll take another pic to show it. Still trying to find something for the side panels. As for the light bleed through I took SAdave's advice (I know, scarey) and put some tin foil behind the side lights to take care of the worst of it. Primer should take care of the rest. Thanks for looking in.

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

It seems like I haven't done much but I have been working steady on this for the past few weeks. Finally got a primer coat on it. Actually it is the third primer coat. I tried a couple of new primers and wanted to see what I liked best. ...and it will help with the light bleed through. The second coat i used was a can from the hardware store which I've used before (same can) and have had good results with but this time the nozzle was clogged up or something and the paint went on all blotchy. :frantic A little light sanding and a new coat of tamiya primer and all is good. The other one i tried was the Vallejo grey primer which wasn't bad either except this model used up a whole lot of it.

16Viper.jpg

15Viper.jpg

14Viper.jpg

13Viper.jpg

12Viper.jpg

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

I liked watching BSG growing up. (the original with Lorne Greene). I always thought the vipers were bad looking!
Good job on her so far. Is she gonna be displayed in flight?

Tim

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Thanks for the positive vibes guys!

Yes Tim, it came with a stand and the switch for the lights is going to be in the stand base. It also came with landing gear but they were kinda lame in my opinion.

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Very very cool stuff. The lights really make it look cool. Once upon a time I used to have some microfiche slides that I was going to use for a coppkpit display. Bet they would look very cool. Could you maybe make a decal for the displays with radar sweep or something to add even more visual attraction?
Loving it so far.
James

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Turned off the lights and sent the trick or treaters packing early so that I could get some more bench time in. Okay, not really, I'm not that mean but I certainly did not hang around for the teenagers looking to score the leftover loot. :bat

Did some preshade and then started on the white. Got the first layer of white on the top side but I still have to do the bottom side yet. Hope to finish the painting tomorrow and then get it ready for decals. Here's a sneak peek.

17Viper.jpg

18Viper.jpg

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Looking good Dave, For the last 18 years we've had no Trickster's, also no loot, there isn't any use in buying it to give away, Ahh the Joy of living in the Country.

Now about that Viper, :woohoo: (y) (y) (y) :woohoo:

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

They dare not come to the grumpy old guys house at the end of the street, it's dark and scary down here...:evil:

Cool preshade Dave. :popcorn

Mobius BG Colonial Viper

Work is starting to slow down and I have today and tomorrow off before starting another project on Monday so I am trying to move a few projects along.

Got the decals on the Viper this morning. Still need to do some work around some surface detail but she is looking like it is 1980's with that bright orange. :coolio

I will tone it down some with the weathering.

20Viper.jpg

19Viper.jpg

Back