• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MiniArt Grant Mk.1

Thanks for that, i will see what i can do. 20thou is just under 1mm but obviously you cant do that with the model as the tracks cant be tensioned as they are not strong enough however i take your point 100% and thats a great answer to my question. :)

I decided to splash some paint around the undercarriage so i can get the side skirts on ( excuse my ignorance with the proper names of these things.
DSC_3176.JPG

Problem with yellow is it really does show up cracks that need filling :)

that would make since, i gather they tended to fall off in use but as i have them i will fit them.

Hold your breath, shut your eyes and pray and the tracks with 79 links will go on if fitted to the front sprocket first off the hull and then carefully manoeuvred over each wheel.......I didn't think plastic would stretch...but i did here :)
for comparison with the previous picture of 80 links here it is with 79. Quite a difference for one link but that is about 5mm.

DSC_3186.JPG

A couple of pictures
1st one is a round up of where i am and the 2nd one is the second half of this project which arrived from china today :vgood:
this model is just not available over here and has been out of stock for months so really pleased to get my hands on this one
DSC_3248_01.JPG

DSC_3252.JPG

There all that STUFF that goes in there! The turret interior is exceptionally interesting. The Thompson is a nice touch. Jolly good, old boy! My hat is off to you!

Back