• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MiG 21F * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

hb5d6abe_2015-06-29.JPG

hd5f8c3b.JPG

h42e41d1.JPG

Yep, I'm determined to earn m'self that 'Order of Lenin' ribbon !! :coolio - So no more yada, yada, yada. Here's my 'start-up' pic for the RoG 1:72 MiG 21F-13. I bought one of these little crackers when they first came-out about five years back, but sold it before we moved-out.

It was re-released earlier this year and I got mine from Hannants within two days of it hitting the shelvesin the UK - Great service guys.

I'll either do a NMF/PLAAF machine or a post-Six Day War Syrian AF one in desert camo. Got all the markings I need on an old Begemot sheet, and very nice they are aswell. Not going to be adding any extras at all, well maybe swap-out the rocket pods for AA-2 missiles but that's all.. and it will have the bench to itself.

Stay tuned, I'm planning to start tomorrow.

AFN

Ian.

MiG 21F - from the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness'

Ooooh get her done mate (BTW that is the order of Dave ribbon :evil: )

Not as much done as I'd hoped due to one of 'Daddies Little Stormtroopers' being home sick.

Mainly adding the myriad of ducts, vents and scoops to the fuselage, adding the u/c bays and then putting the wings together. If there's a spare thirty minutes or so this evening, and it isn't too cold in the garage, I'll try and get a coat of bluish grey on the cockpit parts. Have to say the ejector seat detail is outstanding and the fuselage scribing is superb.

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

Slow progress because of the school holidays of course, but Mein Frau finished early this afternoon and came and rescued me from the 'little darlings'. Got 45mins at the bench so was able to finish the 'pit and get the fuselage halves together (and restart something else).

h3c81b8a.JPG

h0b14f7d.JPG

AFN

Ian.

Back