• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Micro Modelling Month III

ij001

Hello folks...

Decided to ruthlessly promote this years MMM Campaign partly because I thoroughly enjoy it and partly because this will almost certainly be the last full campaign with the site in this format - or possibly the first campaign on the site in its' new format - I'm sure Bob will smack me outside da head if I've got that wrong.

I'm happy to offer my services as Campaign mod' this year and I see no reason why we shouldn't keep the rules that were devised by our very own tamed Cannuck (hey Dave) that we've used for the last two (or is it three ?) years:

"Any interest in having another Micro Modeler Month in 2014? We've had one or something similar (Quarter scale) every year and have not done one this year. I know its getting late but I love these quick builds and would not want to break with tradition. At this point it would likely have to start late Nov and end late Dec to give people time to gather materials.

Here are the rules from last year...

For the past four years we have had a one month build dedicated to small scale modeling. We want to continue this build, but with a new name and some new rules. We have some micro modelers in our midst and this will give them a chance to showcase their talents. This will also get some of us out of our comfort zones and try something different. This is always a fun little campaign. Now for the rules.

1. Armor builds must be 1/48 or smaller

2. Aircraft builds must be 1/72 or smaller

3. Automotive builds must be 1/32 or smaller

4. Ship builds must be 1/700 or smaller"

[/color]

OK that's enough yada, yada, yada - can I get a quick show-of-hands to gauge the interest this year, don't worry it's not like a mortgage, you aren't signing-away your first born it's just for my own information.

Over to you lot... :popcorn

Ian.

I am in. I will be Assembling an Academy 1/72 Messerschmitt Me 163B with Resin Details, full PE Cockpit and a small nice Diorama.

Cheers

Alex

While I still have several 1/200 scale kits in the stash I'm going to give this a pass this year for reasons I hope you'll see over the next couple of months. Looking forward to what the rest of you come up with ! :drinks

I've got a 1/144 Britannia to do in A&AEE livery that should fit the bill.

XX367 airborne in the Cold Lake area.

AEC79-204RAFBritanniaatColdLake.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

I have a 1/48th scale schwimwagen waiting in the stash for an easy build. When does this shindig start? Gary S.

h6a73c49.JPG

he8ab719.JPG

When does this shindig start?

Gary S.

Kicking off on Wednesday 1st of March, running until midnight on Friday 31st.
No time extensions simply because that defeats the object of building a 'small' project within the month.

As for me, as usual I'll be building something with wings and RAF roundels, however if I'm honest, this year I have so many really good kits to choose from, I may take too long to decide and miss the start-up !!... Might just put it out to a 'popular vote and go with what you guys would like to see built.

:hmmm

Ian.

Whats to think about Ian

SHARK MOUTH PHANTOM!!!!!!!

:rotf

I think Dave would like the Phantom so I'll vote for that too!

Ha !!, thanks guys, Fujimi Phantom it is then. But whilst I've got a couple of different 'Shark Mouth' decal options, I'll actually be doing this one...

h7e5cc49.jpg

hc317d8e.jpg

Yes I know the 'Shark Mouth' is a BIG favourite, but it is a wee bit of a modelling cliche in my opinion - like 'Showtime 100', Priller's 109 & 190 and Gentile's 'Shangri La'. I think the 1988 43 Squadron FG1 is the nicest of the 'special' schemes ever worn by a British Phantom and I've never done it before...

...and that's all the reason I need !!

AFN

Ian.

Back