• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Maddog Manufacturing 2014 Aircraft Production Line

I thought "what a weird paint scheme on the Valiant" until I realized it was shadows and sunlight :rotf
Looking good DM
James

Thanks James! Yeah, that pic was taken in front of my window where the sun comes streaming in. If I could raise the blinds higher I would, but they are broken. Maybe I'll wait until later to take my pics in the future when the sun has moved on.

Thanks again for the great comments!

Well, thanks to the rain; I had some time to work on the bench some more this week. I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked, but here are some of the things I got done.

I found this model while cleaning the hobby room a little, so I shot another coat of black underneath since the last coat crinkled up. I had already cleaned it up so all it needed was paint:

WIP_Australian_Aardvark_XV.JPG

This is looking pretty good now. I think I can add the decals to this now:

WIP_Australian_Aardvark_XVI.JPG

WIP_Australian_Aardvark_XVII.JPG

I know it ain't much. The rest of my time was spent on some of my armor models. Feel free to check them out in the Armored Fury Forums.

That's all I have for now. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Watch that outboard pylon, little out of center Mark. :popcorn

Neat thing about those pylons, they would pivot with the swing wing, I can't imagine the complexity of that. :pilot

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

MP, the outboard pylons are both a little out of center. For some reason, the kit placed the wholes for the pylons that way and that's where I glued them in. I had figured that was the way they were supposed to go. I've had too many issues with this model and it has taken too long already so I think I'm just going to leave it. The two outer ones are symmetrical at least.

I would have loved to have made these all pivot with the wings, but Hasegawa didn't even make this kit with pivoting wings in the first place!

I would have loved to have made these all pivot with the wings, but Hasegawa didn't even make this kit with pivoting wings in the first place!

I remember someone making the swingwings work. I know there was a F14 in 1:32 that did it. But having the pylons synced with it, can't image how.

Just doubled check, only the inboard pylons would rotate so the outer ones being fixed would not be incorrect.

Thanks MP. Revell makes their F-111 wings wing in and out. I think Hasegawa has them fixed because of the moving parts on the forward wing root that tip up when the wings are outspread make it impossible to engineer in this scale. I'll look into those outer pylons, but with all the time this has taken so far; and all the issues I've had, I'm inclined to just finish it up and get it off the workbench.

Back