• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MA10 - B-25J "Ave Maria"

helios

Ok, time to make this official. I've been waiting for an excuse to attempt this. I've been afraid to start as I don't feel like I can do this thing justice. But hey, I figure I should do something special for the 10th anniversary. Since I acquired this kit via CTAIII here, it seems that this campaign would be a fitting time for it to make it's appearance and "go big, or go home".

This is not my usual scale and not my usual era so this will be an interesting adventure. Thanks again to James and the crew for organizing CTAIII back then.....my god, has it really been 3 years already. :blink Fingers crossed I can avoid mucking it up too bad.

full

Chris, I don't know if you have looked over the engines in the kit, but they are quite incorrectly done. If you leave the cowlings closed up you can probably get by with the kit engines. If you want to correct them, HPH have some good engines that are for this plane. They are fairly reasonable in price though they might take 2 or 3 weeks to get here.

HPH R-2600 engine.

It'll be closed up, so there won't be too much to worry about there. I'll look again, but I didn't have much luck finding the engines last I looked when you mentioned it before. New or second hand.

It seems like people did an initial run of parts when the kits were first released, then that was it. Even the updated props/governors that a couple companies produced aren't available. So this one will be a largely OOB aside from a couple little things and decals.

Last edited:
This will be fun to watch. I especially love the nose art!

Now if only I could get that nose art in 1/72 scale to make one of these....

Chris, I don't know if you have looked over the engines in the kit, but they are quite incorrectly done. If you leave the cowlings closed up you can probably get by with the kit engines. If you want to correct them, HPH have some good engines that are for this plane. They are fairly reasonable in price though they might take 2 or 3 weeks to get here.

HPH R-2600 engine.
Chris that link (in blue) is directly to HPH and the engine. You should be able to order it directly from them.

Perfect. Thanks.

I went to their site yesterday and entered B-25 in the search and got nada. I just tried plugging a couple other things in as well, and it appears their search function is currently broken.

Perfect. Thanks.

I went to their site yesterday and entered B-25 in the search and got nada. I just tried plugging a couple other things in as well, and it appears their search function is currently broken.
Yeah their site is a little wonky. I have never tried to use their search engine. I spent several years looking for the R-2600 engines as the kit ones are that bad. I ran across them on an ebay site. Made me look a lot harder at the HPH site. They have a lot of AM stuff for other kits like the Arado 196 float plane and some other things. I have the catapult for the 1/32 Arado float plane as well. Need to get busy on my projects.

Nice!! It could almost be included in the namesake campaign as the "Mitchell Bomber". Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Back