• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MA10 - B-25J "Ave Maria"

A little mock up of the upper turret so I can have an idea how visible it will be and get an idea of how much "detailing" I want to get into. I think I'll be fine w/ a couple washes and some dry brushing once I get the boxes painted.

full

Last edited:
It's been a bit since the last update. Still plugging away on the interior bits. Cockpit is ready for the base coat now. Then it will be washes/dry brush and onto the bomb bays.

full

Bit the bullet and decided to order the engines after all. :blink

Then went picked up a Yuha IP off eBay while I was in the mood for being irresponsible.

I've got another build day planned w/ my buddy this weekend and he really wants to see this thing. So I'll probably pack it up and take it down to do some work on it. I've been wanting to get back to it, so it will be a good opportunity.

As I pointed out the engines in the kit are horribly incorrect. I guess Chris looked at them and the more he thought about it, the worse they looked. Luckily HPH makes and AM engine kit that while it will be a little bit of a challenge, should look a whole lot better.

More progress while visiting a buddy. Bomb bay is pre-assembled for painting, which I'll do back home. Dropping in some of the other fuselage bits as well. I think I'm about to move on to the waist guns next.

full

WOOO! That's a whole lot of Mitchell Bomber! Did you run to the LHS for more paint yet? Holly Bukkits! :ro:

LOL! Yeah that is one big model! It is also a reasonably accurate kit. (reasonably engines) Chris it is coming along well! Something to ponder is that these planes were not expected to have a long lifespan either due to replacement or attrition. That said double check the interior painting as they were not necessarily painted inside.

When they restored the Memphis Belle, they used a clear coat on the inside of the rear portion for protection. It originally had no paint inside at all at least in the rear portion.

Not a fan of the included PE belts. So cutting some of my own from some duct tape then will snip off and use the buckle portion of the PE.

full

man I wish I could fine my square....I don't like the metal belts either, never can get them to do a natural lay in the seats. :popcorn

A little more progress on my one night off this week.

Bomb bay sprayed, sealed, and hit with a "grunge" wash. I think I'd like to get in there with some pastels for dust before I load up the bombs. I'm still kicking around the idea of painting the bomb rails...not sure yet.
full

Seat belts Rev3. Opened up the slots in the seat backs for the belts to pass through. Then also decided to try some HVAC tape for the belts themselves. Workability/flexibility of tape, w/ the ability to hold shape like PE. I think this may be the way to go. And for $15 I can probably do 1000s of belts. What a bargin! :lol:
full

Back