• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M61A5 MBT

I cracked this open about a week ago and got to work.

The kit:

M61A5001-1.jpg

Road wheels and drives sprockets assembled and primed:

GT001.jpg

Lower hull assembled and primed:

GT003.jpg

GT004.jpg

It looks shiny due to the flash. The top coat will be a dark grey/metallic grey mix with a drop or two of flat black and then some sort of green tiger stripes.

It looks like I can't do my normal "put the tracks on last" thing since the upper and lower hull fit is so I tight.

Thanks for looking. As always any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Oh man these are cool. I wish I could find one of these that I didn't have to pay for with one of my children. I'll be watching this one.

:popcorn

Thanks, Terry. I was debating on whether this should go in the sci-fi section but figured it wouldn't get as many looks in there. Not that I expect to dazzle anyone with my skills it just that there have been like 3 total built as far as I can tell and folks get excited to see someone actually put the damn thing together.

Thanks, Terry. I was debating on whether this should go in the sci-fi section but figured it wouldn't get as many looks in there. Not that I expect to dazzle anyone with my skills it just that there have been like 3 total built as far as I can tell and folks get excited to see someone actually put the damn thing together.

Well you got my attention! You could have put it sci-fi it would get looked at, but here is fine.

Terry B)

While I'm VERY interested, and I want to see it built and painted, Sci-Fi is Sci-Fi.
I think that's where it should reside. Trying to keep it friendly. That is my intent.
Go Jeff!

Cheers,

Bill

(seriously, I like it... :) )

Jeff we'll put it where ya want, Sci-Fi would get more looks if there's stuff there. Not a lot of Sci-Fi Modelers here.

That's a big ol' tank man, looks like that Command and Conquer thing...

Got a lot more done in the last few days:

I need to do something about my lighting. This is now where near as silver as it looks in the pic:

KidsandGT012.jpg

Turret complete:

KidsandGT014.jpg

KidsandGT013.jpg

After wards it got a coat of primer:

KidsandGT015.jpg

Need to paint the upper deck the base color and then attach that before I got any further.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Bob, this thing is stoooopid big. Its 14 inches from the tip of the barrels to the rear of the turret. When its finished I'm going to take a pic with it next to a King Tiger and an M1A1.

That's said to be one fine kit! I priced these at an lhs a couple of weeks ago- yikes!

Keep at it- it's looking great!

That's said to be one fine kit! I priced these at an lhs a couple of weeks ago- yikes!

Yeah, a good rule of thumb is to take little Jeffy's credit card away after he's had a few cocktails. :drinks . Oh well, I bought it, may as well build it.

Yeah, a good rule of thumb is to take little Jeffy's credit card away after he's had a few cocktails. :drinks . Oh well, I bought it, may as well build it.
It was really not my fault that you baught it Jeff. Mwhuhahahahaha...hhaaaaa :evil: :geek

Looks great Jeff

Back