• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M12 155mm

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
My entry M12

M12.jpg

M12-1.jpg

M123.jpg

I will be starting soon I hope.

Thats pretty neat. Thanks Ron. Now I know that it was a bag gun and the projectile is more in line wtith a 5"/38 cal Naval gun.

Cool link Ron!

SA Dave; I found this link to a real nice walk around, I'll warn you my track record for finishing is 0 to nothing :idonno
http://kentylertankphotos.built2scale.com/2012/04/27/155-mm-gun-motor-carriage-m12/

Thanks to all for chearing me on. :D

Thanks for that link. Bookmarked

Well I tell you what I cheer you on and you cheer me on as my track record says I make a huge last minute effort every time :blush: Just ask Mike

Cool link Ron!

SA Dave; I found this link to a real nice walk around, I'll warn you my track record for finishing is 0 to nothing :idonno
http://kentylertankphotos.built2scale.com/2012/04/27/155-mm-gun-motor-carriage-m12/

Thanks to all for chearing me on. :D

As long as your having fun, finishing is second. Thats what its all about. Enjoying yourself.
James

Thanks guys!

Well I intended to build this right out of the box........................... :blink

Ah it's me I can't leave things alone :laugh:

This is a nice kit out of the box. So far no fit issues, has nice molding for the price and age. I can't knock this kit. I built one 3 or 4 years ago, not sure where it is now :pinch: I had it ready for paint. I had this one to take the track out of. Which I did. I planned on making it into a M30. Guess if I find the other one I will do that to it.

I always start with the road wheels on Sherman kits (yeah this is a Lee hull), file that mold line out X14
M12155mmday14.jpg

then glued up parts that looked like they would need putty to set over night.
M12155mmday15.jpg

Today I started with the upper hull, I thought well there is some welds missing I could add should take much to do.
M12155mmday110.jpg

This is how far I am as of tonight, some of the welds look a little heavy to be, just might be redoing them.
M12155mmDay2.jpg

I used .10 rod softened in liquid glue first for most of the welds. The ones I like I used stretched sprue.
M12155mmDay22.jpg

I also added 5 missing bolts to the left side, front of the fighting compartment
M12155mmDay23.jpg

M12155mmDay24.jpg

M12155mmDay25.jpg

Added casting texture to the gun mount
M12155mmday112.jpg

Then added a casting number to the left side
M12155mmDay26.jpg

Glued up the transmission housing and puttied for sanding
M12155mmDay29.jpg

Added .10x.40 around the bottom of the left fender boxes
M12155mmDay28.jpg

M12155mmDay27.jpg

last thing for today/night is the rear blade. I might add welds to it or cover it with mud, not sure yet.
M12155mmDay210.jpg

See everyone later.

A special thanks to James for kick starting me back up. (y)

Oh man that is sweeeeeeeeeeet.

I hope you dont mind but I am going to be copying almost everything you do. Sort of like beeing your padawan :geek

Thanks everyone! (y)

I'll be off to work for another week in 3 hours. I hope to get some time here and there to glue some more.

Got some work done on it tonight

I will start with the rear blade, just adding some details

M12Day39.jpg

M12Day310.jpg

M12Day311.jpg

M12Day312.jpg

M12Day313.jpg

Some work on the transmission housing
M12Day33.jpg

M12Day34.jpg

M12Day35.jpg

M12Day36.jpg