• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Feb. 13, 2020

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Jan. 14, 2020

I'm getting the Train station finished, possibly by the end of this week!

I have photographed the interior for the most part. However, the side entrance on the upper level, (Where the staircase leads), is the main street, (Hauptbahnhof strasse), and that exterior wall had to be detailed and painted and weathered. Here is ti after putting the trim, bricks and concrete columns, etc.

0~22.JPG

Another angle.

00~26.JPG

A Close up of the damage.

000~26.JPG

Base coated.

0000~24.JPG

Another view.

00000~19.JPG

Then, the painstaking brick by brisk painting.

000000~10.JPG

0000000~2.JPG

000000000.JPG

I still have to do the trim to bring the wall to the sidewalk.

00000000.JPG

Then more of the never ending details completed. More signage.

999999999.JPG

The roofing sections. Underside dark Gray, the top black.

99999999~1.JPG

More interior seating.

9999999~3.JPG

Weathering the cafes/signs and offices

999999~8.JPG
Telephone booth

99999~9.JPG

This fencing will separate the Grand hall from the tracks.

9999~10.JPG

Directly over the gate will be the right wall. The structural steel will connect up with the Train shed. The signs are the train schedules and tracks. The sign hanging down, (Bahnsteig 1) means Gate 1 in English. Of course, the German Reichsbahn was the name of the German rail system during the years of the Third Reich.

99~11.JPG

This was the beginning of the scratched Ticket Offices.

9~8.JPG

Completed with sign over the roof. (Fahrkarten) (Tickets).

999~11.JPG

The weathered staircase and flooring.

8~7.JPG

Another angle.

88~10.JPG

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Jan. 14, 2020

Quite impressive Bob!

That brick by brick painting looks tedious but well worth the effort!

:popcorn :popcorn

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Jan. 24, 2020

Wow, what outstanding work! The realism is off the charts! I am overwhelmed at the incredible brickwork you did.

I did notice that one of the shelves in the ticket booth was crooked. Was that intentional due to battle damage? Regardless, this is one out-of-this-world build!

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Jan. 24, 2020

Wow, what outstanding work! The realism is off the charts! I am overwhelmed at the incredible brickwork you did.

I did notice that one of the shelves in the ticket booth was crooked. Was that intentional due to battle damage? Regardless, this is one out-of-this-world build!

Thanks Mark,

I think I know what you are talking about. There are no shelves inside. I think you are talking about the window on the right. I used a very fragile photo etch brass mesh above the window grating. I've been turning out so many details the last several weeks, I just set them aside in a place and keep adding more. Apparently, something must have hit it and bent it out of shape. No problem, easy to fix. The overhang above the office would have prevented it from being damaged by the explosion. Had you not noticed it, I may not have. Thanks for the heads up!

If you meant the three shelves where the tickets are handed out from behind the grating, then yes, The ticket counter will be directly under the huge hole when the tank round hit and the shelf on the left is damaged. The little office will be covered with rubble when finished. There will be a lot more damage to the other details as they are permanently attached to the building and the dirt and rubble added.

Bob

Back