• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Feb. 13, 2020

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Jan. 24, 2020

Very colorful! I am looking forward to seeing the finished build! (y) :D

Thanks Paul,

Me too! I doubt if anybody is looking forward to this being finished more than I am!

This diorama has been an extremely lengthy lesson in Patience. Imagine working on one project for 13 years. The thing is, when I start something, I always finish it before moving on. There is only one unfinished model in my house. I entered a campaign here a few years back, got a Cosmo Kramer figure started and there was so much going on in my life at the time, I never finished it. It is sitting on the window sill calling to me daily! I will eventually get back to it!

Bob

Glad to have helped. Yes, you found the shelf I was referring to.

Well on the way to wrapping up the train station. Another two days should finish it up. I will make all the partial steel structure fragments that made up the train shed before it was bombed. They will be laying in, on and around the finished K-5 railway gun. It will make more sense when it is placed on the diorama with the rest of the train shed!

I still have a lot of weathering to do in the steel superstructure under the roof of the train station Grand Hall. I will be using dry brushing with a mixture of Khaki Drill and Panzer Gray as well as various colors of pastels.

Here is the station with the rubble laid in. (Consisting of miniature bricks, kitty litter and Pigeon grit mixed with Cell-u-clay, then glued in place with Elmer's glue. It still has to be dirtied up with raw umber washes and various pastels.

This structure is approximately 2 feet wide, (61 cm), two feet tall, (61 cm) and about one foot, (30 cm), in depth. It will be the 15th building/structure on the diorama.

full_shot_unweathered.JPG

Another angle. Note the train shed coming off the right side. It will be destroyed for about two feet, then another 3 feet of intact shed and all the way at the other end will be another bomb hit with heavy destruction.

From_above_unweathered.JPG

Here is the right wall permanently installed. The blue signs are train schedules in German, The Reichbahn sign, (The German railway system during the Third Reich). Bahnsteig 1 is Track 1 in English.

signs.JPG

Up in the steelwork is the top of the left wall. A statue of a medieval knight on horseback is in the archway.

Top_fancy_wall.JPG

A close up of the floor. The Brat shop with umbrella tables and chairs, Telephoe booth behind the Imbiss, the back of the ticket counters as well as the fencing and gate 1 to the trains. In this shot, I have yet to dirty up things, Umbrellas, walls, signs, etc.

I kept looking at the white spiraling on the pillars. Just couldn't make myself like them, so I sanded them down and sprayed them a solid Panzer gray.

Close_up_imbiss.JPG

View of the rubble as seen from above.

From_above.JPG

Right wall.

right_side.JPG

Left wall. Note the European style train buffers that will match up with the track.

Side_shot.JPG

I will likely be posting this finished on Monday, barring any delays.

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Well on the way to wrapping up the train station. Another two days should finish it up. I will make all the partial steel structure fragments that made up the train shed before it was bombed. They will be laying in, on and around the finished K-5 railway gun. It will make more sense when it is placed on the diorama with the rest of the train shed!

I still have a lot of weathering to do in the steel superstructure under the roof of the train station Grand Hall. I will be using dry brushing with a mixture of Khaki Drill and Panzer Gray as well as various colors of pastels.

Here is the station with the rubble laid in. (Consisting of miniature bricks, kitty litter and Pigeon grit mixed with Cell-u-clay, then glued in place with Elmer's glue. It still has to be dirtied up with raw umber washes and various pastels.

This structure is approximately 2 feet wide, (61 cm), two feet tall, (61 cm) and about one foot, (30 cm), in depth. It will be the 15th building/structure on the diorama.

full_shot_unweathered.JPG

Another angle. Note the train shed coming off the right side. It will be destroyed for about two feet, then another 3 feet of intact shed and all the way at the other end will be another bomb hit with heavy destruction.

From_above_unweathered.JPG

Here is the right wall permanently installed. The blue signs are train schedules in German, The Reichbahn sign, (The German railway system during the Third Reich). Bahnsteig 1 is Track 1 in English.

signs.JPG

Up in the steelwork is the top of the left wall. A statue of a medieval knight on horseback is in the archway.

Top_fancy_wall.JPG

A close up of the floor. The Brat shop with umbrella tables and chairs, Telephoe booth behind the Imbiss, the back of the ticket counters as well as the fencing and gate 1 to the trains. In this shot, I have yet to dirty up things, Umbrellas, walls, signs, etc.

I kept looking at the white spiraling on the pillars. Just couldn't make myself like them, so I sanded them down and sprayed them a solid Panzer gray.

Close_up_imbiss.JPG

View of the rubble as seen from above.

From_above.JPG

Right wall.

right_side.JPG

Left wall. Note the European style train buffers that will match up with the track.

Side_shot.JPG

I will likely be posting this finished on Monday, barring any delays.

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Such a cool project, it's really a world of it's own. (y) :dude

Oh! My! God! I am overwhelmed with speechlessness! Put the right background behind this and convert them to black and white and these would look like actual period photographs! What amazing, incredible, masterful work!

Coming along quite nicely Bob!!
The shear size and scope just boggles the mind...Awesomeness! :silly:

Hope there is something left after all that bombing!

You know John,

My real headache at the moment is where to put all those steel girders, I-beams, window frames, etc. in and around the Railroad gun and locomotive. I planned all this years ago but forgot some of the details including this one. My idea is that all the damage was done by Allied bombing. Then, later, that massive amount of steel was cleared from the track, either by leaning the larger sections against the masonry wall, or carrying off the smaller pieces in trucks. Then the Rail gun was pulled in for at least some cover and concealment.

Bob

Fantastic Bob!

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz!

Now, if only I can finish it! :)

Bob

Oh! My! God! I am overwhelmed with speechlessness! Put the right background behind this and convert them to black and white and these would look like actual period photographs! What amazing, incredible, masterful work!

Wow Mark!

How do I respond to all that? Anyway, I appreciate it! Thank you very much!

You know, when I get this all finished, I will Photoshop some of the photos it to give it a grainy, WW II, black and white appearance and see how that turns out!

Bob

Back