• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Got this T-Square to help guide my cuts of the new scale rulers... Before I do that, I had to verify this T-Square is true. It is:
GalaxyTSquare.JPG

Awesome scores guys! Way to go!

Last month at our IPMS meeting, one of my fellow club members gave me his raffle ticket that everyone gets who enters a model in the club competition. I actually won something with it:

full

Sweet!

Wowstick Drill. This one does have nice torque.
WowstickDrill00.JPG

Michael's 40% off coupon used on this Prismacolor Silver pencil... X-Acto Z blades were not in stock.
PrismacolorSilverPencil.JPG

Hobby Lobby Clearance, Flow Medium for only $2.24 from $8.99
MasterPieceFlowMedium.JPG

Logan Model 500 Mat Knife (I use as a box opener) for only $2.74 from $10.99
LognModel500MattKnife.JPG

Gunze Mr. Cement S for only $3.99 from $5.99
GSMrCementS.JPG

I just received my Cricut Maker Blue Essentials Bundle ($279 with free shipping) but it will take a while before I post photos. Other bundles available. The Cricut Maker Everything Bundle is now the same price (for Black Friday), so you get more.

Buy directly from Cricut Maker

Everything Bundle includes:
  • Cricut Maker® machine
  • Rotary Blade + Drive Housing
  • Premium Fine-Point Blade + Housing
  • Fine Point Pen, Black
  • FabricGrip™ Machine Mat, 12 in x 12 in (30.5 cm x 30.5 cm)
  • LightGrip Machine Mat, 12 in x 12 in (30.5 cm x 30.5 cm)
  • Welcome Book
  • USB cable
  • Power adapter
  • Free trial membership to Cricut Access™ (for new subscribers)
  • 50 free ready-to-make projects, including 25 sewing patterns
  • Materials for a practice project
Bundled with:
  • Foil Iron-On Sampler, Bejeweled
  • Everyday Iron-On Sampler, Elegance
  • Adhesive Foil Metallic Sampler, Bejeweled
  • Premium Vinyl Sampler Removable, Elegance
  • Dry Erase Vinyl
  • Stencil Vinyl
  • Vinyl Chalkboard
  • Foil Poster Board Sampler, Bejeweled
  • Glitter Cardstock Sampler, Brights
  • Cardstock Sampler, Princess
  • Transfer Tape
  • Pen Set, Classics (5 ct.)
  • Scoring Stylus
  • True Control Knife, Blue
  • Cutting Mat Variety Pack, 12\" x 12\" 3 pk
  • Tools Basic Set
  • Portable Trimmer

Custom vinyl mask Saul?
Lots of teeth with no available (or incorrect) decals. ;)

Also, it cuts thin styrene, basswood, and balsa sheets.

Last, they have a line of atrociously expensive ink pens which one can transfer the ink (like dry transfers) to an object. However, I still have (a dwindling) supply of material to create my own dry transfers using my color laser printer.

AliExpress $4.25 delivered...
AliXpressMS101a.JPG

The handle has a plastic collet. It is low quality. However, the blade is a PE steel thick enough for heavy use.
AliXpressMS101b.JPG
AliXpressMS101c.JPG

I decided to use a handle with a full metal collet... The plastic collet handle will be used with PE CA dispensors.
AliXpressMS101d.JPG
AliXpressMS101e.JPG

Aside from the Cricut Maker with Essentials Bundle, Cricut transfer Tape, Cricut Removable Vinyl, and Knife cutter, these came in...

Eduard648510MiG-23BNintakes.JPG

These are to correct the Trumpeter MiG-23ML & MLD kits in my stash:
Aires4812MiG-23MLTurboStarter.JPG

MiG-31 pilots have the correct K-36DM seats for later MiG-29 (9.12 late, 9.13, and 9.19):
AeroBonus48020MiG-2327TailPylonRacks6480217MiG-31Pilots.JPG

There ya go! Foxhound seats with Guys in them! Brilliant!
Right after the Dallas mishap involving B-17G "Texas Raiders" and the Kingcobra, I realized I didn't have decals to build a Texas Raiders Fortress. I hunted all over to find a set, but the 1/72 decals on our side of The Pond were $50.00! Tsk, tsk. Capitalizing on disaster are we? Model Prick!
Kitsworld decals are based in UK. It is easy to open an account and place an order. I did so 14 November 2022.
20221203_164257.jpg20221203_164308.jpg
These arrived in the Post this day. I got the 1/144 scale set to make a Meng Kids B-17G a Texas Raiders airplane. Teresa won the Meng kit in a raffle. It's cute!
The 1/72 artwork is reserved for a Revell Ag Flying Fortress kit. It seems appropriate to commemorate these skilled Confederate Air Force men that lost their lives doing what they so loved to do.
But wait!
20221203_164243.jpg20221203_164235.jpg20221203_164218.jpg
Kitsworld also markets other cool airplane model stuff. These are samples sent along with my first order. The resin decal cockpit details are particularly provacative, don't you agree? There is quite a range in most popular scales. Prices are very attractive!
The Airfield bases are adhesive backed, but not thick enough to offer much relief. Still, very cool!

You can try them out if you wish to. I am thrilled with my first order experience!

After a seller backed out, John told me about Amazon's deal so I used my rewards to get it at that great price. It is to be used for a review of 3d printed gun bays specifically for this kit and I will give John first dibs on buying it with the gun bays as I don't plan on keeping it.
1670115597023.png

Let it be publicly known that I am sending this kit, along with a set of Hellenic decals (guess the scheme), to John Eaton (@jeaton01) as a thank you for letting me use his Tamiya F-15C and Spitfire parts. It is one year, I hope you get the Revell kit, as my gift, in time for Christmas!

Back