• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Finally got my foam cutter so that I can do nice straight cuts when buildings bases and especially for that Drydock dio.
20221112_205105W.jpg

The 3d print stuff is amazing. Im about to go do that rabbit hole. Im going with a Phrozen mini 8k printer. Will post pics when I get it.
That is the one I have been looking at Mo. Going to be a while before I jump on it now. Have a slew of WingNut kits flying my way that have to be paid for and my resources refilled.

The 3d print stuff is amazing. Im about to go do that rabbit hole. Im going with a Phrozen mini 8k printer. Will post pics when I get it.
The Elegoo Saturn 2 is amazing. I'm also using Sirya Tech Navy Gray fast and it holds the details really well.
James

Reactions: Mo_
I've got a few things that have come in over the past while. Should keep me busier lol.; Just 2 kits left to arrive for this year. The SWS 1/32 Shinden and the new ICM 1/32 Yak-9T. I'm kind of excited to do the ICBM although not sure where to puit it as it is huge. I forgot to take pictures of the resin extras I have printed for it. A fellow from Australia on Facebook shared files for antennas, zip boxes and some other extras that were not included in the kit. He even made missiles for it.
20221210_164345.jpg
20221210_164359.jpg
20221210_164416.jpg
20221210_164513.jpg
20221210_164528.jpg
20221210_164542.jpg
20221210_164553.jpg
20221210_164605.jpg
20221210_171101.jpg

The A-26 is a dog from all I have read but a place down in the States makes correction parts for it. Some are out of stock right now and just waiting for word of when they will get more.

James

Managed to find a Great Wall Hobby 1/48 Su-27UB Ukrainian Air Force with digital camo, limited edition :)
i dont think people are really that keen on cars here so this will be a really topical build being Ukrainian.......... paddy comes crashing into the 21st century even if its a 20th Century aircraft :)

1670844121807.png

Gotten a couple new ones lately. Splurged a bit after getting a raise at work combined with a bunch of OT over the past few weeks. Got a weakness for SEAD aircraft. It was a Lightning Deal from SB, so that saved the sting a bit. Also ordered a bottle of MRP "Have Glass" overcoat (not in the picture) for some of the newer aircraft.

This past Saturday our club had a kit exchange. Took in 3 kits, and came home with these. Ironically 2 of the 3 were brought by the same guy that lives just up the road from me. :LOL: Decals in the FG.1 are shot, but I've got a set of decals in my other FG.1 kit, plus the kits seem to come with all the bits to convert 1 of them to an FGR.2 (my AM decals have both FG.1 & FGR.2 airframes).

Drat! Decal paper doesn't recommend using printers that feed and eject from the front (feed tray below output tray). Son got the older printer so, I had to get one that feeds from the top!

1670866846404.png

I also have a laser printer but it needs servicing. $$$

Nice. I'm waiting for a C (good thing I'm not in a hurry :LOL: ). I got a Meng A on sale a couple years ago, along w/ a Caracal decal sheet to do a RAAF bird.

Wow, I've been gone awhile and it looks like Christmas came in a big way for so many people. Awhile ago, I also got Christmas early. Brookhurst Hobbies stayed open an extra hour exclusively for SoCal AMPS club members. I wasn't going to go since I am broke, but one member offered to finance anything I wanted if I came. Well, I went and these are what he bought for me:

full

Not sure if I already have one built, so I got it just in case:

full

This is the fifth one of the six I need for a full battery:

full

full

I got this because it was interesting. I also will be able to add a small Italian vehicle to my railroad collection:

full

Since I don't have a Type 23 frigate in my Royal Navy:

full

This one is a commission for a guy I built a PzII for awhile ago. He'd been wanting one of these to go with it:

full

Finally, the only big purchase I chose. I didn't want to take advantage of his generosity so I left about four other large kits on the shelf and took only this because I've wanted one for awhile:

full

That's all for now, I might get more with some Christmas money but we'll see.

Back