• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Some new additions.

For the growing 1/48 collection. Only includes the one figure in camouflage suit so I'll have to dig out the Tamiya Tank Maintenance Crew to busy it up.

IMG_1151.JPG

From this years series of Cessna 185's released by KP. Markings for a bright red Aero Arctic aircraft and French and UK based privately owned aircraft.

IMG_1152.JPG

The new Anson from Airfix. Markings for the 500 Sqn box cover aircraft, an Australian based RAAF Coastal Command aircraft and one from 31 General Reconnaissance School based at Charlottetown, PEI.

IMG_1153.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Early Merry Christmas for me!

Attachments

• 106E3D1E-51FB-4CCE-AAB6-990251C9C271.jpeg
    106E3D1E-51FB-4CCE-AAB6-990251C9C271.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • AA2554CB-FFA0-473D-AA57-4CED3FFC4892.jpeg
    AA2554CB-FFA0-473D-AA57-4CED3FFC4892.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 4EE78D19-647B-4F1C-B7B4-1933C598FC99.jpeg
    4EE78D19-647B-4F1C-B7B4-1933C598FC99.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Forgot one.

IMG_1155.JPG

It has a clear option for the left side and wing upper surfaces. They are well cast and very clear but unfortunately have no surface detail. It also has only minimal interior detail so it is pray to either the aftermarket or scratch building gods for added interior detail. The amount of detail looks like it was based on the cut away Fi 103 hanging in the Science Museum, London.

Cheers,
Rich

Some new additions.

For the growing 1/48 collection. Only includes the one figure in camouflage suit so I'll have to dig out the Tamiya Tank Maintenance Crew to busy it up.

View attachment 155302

From this years series of Cessna 185's released by KP. Markings for a bright red Aero Arctic aircraft and French and UK based privately owned aircraft.

View attachment 155303

The new Anson from Airfix. Markings for the 500 Sqn box cover aircraft, an Australian based RAAF Coastal Command aircraft and one from 31 General Reconnaissance School based at Charlottetown, PEI.

View attachment 155304

Cheers,
Rich
not sure about the Anson shooting down the 109 :)

I zoomed in on the box photo Paddy and in the corner it says this:

1st June 1940. While on patrol over the Dunkirk evacuation beaches P/O Peters and his crew were attacked by Messerschmitt Bf109s. Amazingly, they shot down two of the 109s. damaged another and returned to base unscathed. Peters was awarded the DFC for this action.

So apparently it did happen.

not sure about the Anson shooting down the 109 :)
A three ship E-boat patrol from 500 Sqn was covering the Dunkerque beaches. They were at about 80 ft altitude when attacked by 9 Bf109's. They dove down to wave top level. The other two aircraft in the patrol took the brunt of the attack and escaped back to make emergency landings at RAF Marston. One of the gunners died of wounds two days later.

P/O Peters and crew shot down two Bf109's and damaged two others. They continued their patrol and returned to their home station RAF Detling.

The engagement had lasted about 2 minutes.

Cheers,
Rich

This past Friday was Orange County IPMS club's Distressed Kit Auction. I got these:

WWI Mk IV tank; most likely Airfix:

full

Roden FWD 3-ton ammo carrier, partially started:

full

Dragon LRDG Truck, partially started:

full

Italeri 1/72 scale B-48 Hustler:

full

Is it my browser or do they have a banner that takes up 50% of the screen?

Oh, my WnW Eindecker, Salmson and bumper codes showed up. :dude:

@jknaus, the company with the corrections has a 20% off flash sale right now until December 26th...

"Save 20% off your order between now and 12/26 by entering coupon XMASFLASHSALE"
Yeah I got an email from them followed by an email saying my order was shipped. I'm a little disappointed that they didnt say something to me when I placed a big order two days before the sale. I would have waited. I guess its a good thing I dont need anything else from them as I'm not sure I'd bother now. Maybe sour grapes on my part. I just hope they are worth the cost.
James

Yeah I got an email from them followed by an email saying my order was shipped. I'm a little disappointed that they didnt say something to me when I placed a big order two days before the sale. I would have waited. I guess its a good thing I dont need anything else from them as I'm not sure I'd bother now. Maybe sour grapes on my part. I just hope they are worth the cost.
I would LET THEM KNOW! Do NOT be shy. Anyway, I am sending out a note to them.

Another item for my Free Libyan Flogger:
Aires4569MiG23WheelBays00.JPG

For my help with one particular scheme...
Arma70041P51BMusang00.JPG

Any guess?
Arma70041P51BMusang01.JPG

P-51B-7NA 43-6964 The Mighty Midget a.jpg
P-51B-7-NA Mighty Midget-001.jpg

And a set to dress it up:
Eduard73765P51BC4Arma.JPG

Back