• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Be interested you hear your opinion on the quality of the I Love Kit kit. I saw a couple of them pop up in SBs Lightning Deals but didn't feel like gambling on it since I really don't need more kits right now. I need to get some built! :lol:

Be interested you hear your opinion on the quality of the I Love Kit kit. I saw a couple of them pop up in SBs Lightning Deals but didn't feel like gambling on it since I really don't need more kits right now. I need to get some built! :lol:
They were formally Merit International Models. From what I've seen from on-line builds they aren't to bad. It's not perfect, the biggest complaint is the undersized prop. Eduard makes a PE set for it. There is no interior, so if leaving a hatch open it will need to be scratch built.

Cheers,
Rich

New and nice!
1642187299161.png

1642187282856.png
Click to see inside^

Regards,

Most interesting scores Rich! The box art on that Swallow looks interesting......

Excellent books Saul! I do like the Lend Lease book; I'd love to make a complete collection of Soviet Lend Lease planes...

Sprue Brothers order showed up and a couple Ebay orders.

Been wanting these kits for a while now last weekend Sprue Bros had a sail :drunksailor:SALE on Trumpeter kits so I snagged them.

full

full

some supplies in the order also (forgot to get the item I went to website for!)

full

full

full

one Ebay order, started last year of collecting some AK real color paints. Maybe one day I'll even try spraying them.

full

Last edited:
My other Ebay order, the kind of thing it takes so long to arrive that you forgot about it. Mirodesign PE sets for the cool old stuff.

Some rivet tools, not thing they are going to work, a couple dollars each not really out anything.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Good looking PE sets. The brass is very thin.

Last edited:
Got a few myself over Christmas.

My father bought me this 1/72 F-22. Its a beautiful little kit!

IMG_4840.JPG

I picked up this B6N at a club meeting just before Christmas, first one I was able to attend since my accident.

IMG_4862.JPG

and also got some more 1/24 figures to give them a try. A female fighter, Miranda from Mass Effect, A couple Twi' lek Jedi (Darth Talon and Aayla Secura), and another stormtrooper themed gal.

IMG_4864.JPGIMG_4866.JPGIMG_4865.JPGIMG_4867.JPG

This was another one I got this week. A 1/6 3D printed Gladiator figure. She'll stand 33 cm when completed (about 13"). I wanted to take a stab at one of these larger figures one day but didn't want to spend a fortune in case I screw it up.

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

Last edited:
All great scores guys! Sharkman, that last sword-swinging girl sure has some masculine looking legs!

Got my Christmas presents in... at least most of them. I'll post soon.

It has been a little bit since I posted my latest acquisitions. I will start out with the basics.

Aq-421.jpg

As Terry said take it big or go home.

Aq-422.jpg

Aq-423.jpg

Aq-424.jpg

Aq-425.jpg

And then there has been the 6 month mess and other going on with my house. I was renting this place and this year it hit the "Everything needs to be fixed" line. Been in the place for 8 years and it has been a decent little house in a nice neighborhood. The roof had to be replaced in March. Then they replaced the gutters and repainted the exterior. Then at the end of June, the hot water line from the washer popped and flooded the place before I noticed it. July came around and the AC unit from when the house was built gave up the ghost.

During this time I sold my house in Tulsa and had a bout with the WuFlu. Got over Covid with no problems and finally found a van.

It took about 2 months of looking before I found what I wanted. A 2012 Toyota Sienna. Good shape and well maintained with no accidents.

2012 Sienna.jpg

It has been an excellent vehicle and is a good trip vehicle.

Finally the biggest item I have ever bought.

House 01.jpg

House 02.jpg

House 03.jpg

House 04.jpg

House 05.jpg

Am slowly getting things all put back after all the floor crap and what not. Finally unpacked my paperback library and assembled the shelves for the books. This week has been trying to get the Hobby room put back into some shape so I can build (finish?) something.

Back