• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

20220102_105453.jpg

Is It a Fox? Is it a Duck? Is it capable of Flight? You guys know what it is! I bought 2 3D printed Flying (You KNOW!) from an Etsy seller. One is for a co-worker and one for my place. A perfect gift! Now I can give a Flying (you know) at my job in 2022!!
20220102_105255.jpg

And!! For 2022 Christmas fun, The Missile-toad! Hang one up and schmooch your sweetie whenever she passes under it! Either a really small AGM-84 or a HUGE toad! Both prints are curing on the window sill in the "Nut Department" awaiting washing and paint. Both would mold and cast well, I'm sure, but for $10.00 each, why would a guy dick around with them?

A package to build the IJN I400 class submarine, the largest built until the SSBN's appeared in the 1960's. A history of the Aircraft Carrier Subs and the M6A Seiran, Tamiya 1/350 kit, Eduard PE and some crewmen.

IMG_1002.JPG

In case working with 1/350 scale PE wasn't a challenge enough, Eduard put the instructions for Fletcher class destroyer PE in the package. Luckily the correct instructions can be downloaded from the website.

IMG_1004.JPG

And the little people, 74 of them.

IMG_1005.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

That I-400 looks interesting. I've had the Aoshima 1/400 scale kit for some time, I think I picked it up when I bought the Tamiya 1/48 Seiran.

Here are two I recently picked up. Somehow I missed that Tamiya had done a 1/32 F-4E and when I saw one listed by Dave Roof on Hyperscale for $125 I bought it. When it got here I saw that there was a lot of aftermarket stuff included he didn't mention, like resin slats to update the wing and resin afterburner sections.
:wow:
:drum:
And an addition to the early jets section, the A&A models Yak 23UTI, a really nicely detailed 1/48 kit of an airplane that mostly trained people, from engineers to pilots. The engine will never be seen but it is all there, and looks suspiciously like a copy of the Whittle/Rolls Royce/GE thing in the P-59.

0012f4.jpg

0011yak23.jpg

While aimed at 1:1 restorers, it has lots of good detailing shots for the model builder. Many of the mechanical details are applicable to US Jeeps as well.
View attachment 144257
I wonder how they advertise to restorers?

I know this similar book is aimed at it and the publisher, Pen & Sword, is well known to restorers as the author, Sean Dunnage, is a restorer and well-known modeler.
PSJeep1.JPG
Click image above to see inside.

Regards,

Pulled the trigger on a Silhouette Cameo 4 yesterday w/ my 15 year anniversary reward points from work. I kept waffling back and forth between a vinyl cutter or 3D resin printer stuff. Ultimately I don't think I've really got the time (or space) to fully utilize the printer at this time. Coupled with my flatbed scanner the cutter should provide years of handy use. We'll see if I've made the right decision.

Still got a few points left to burn ($150ish)...now to figure out if there are any other tools I can get that would be nice to have. The Tamiya Tomcat is tempting me...but I've got "enough" kits right now. Tooling would make more sense.

Noice!! I think you made the right call getting the cutter v the resin. I've had mine for about 2 years now. Would not trade it for anything. My suggestion...the vinyl mask is the best. Get artool ultra mask, it's gray in color..get the roll. I do use the tamiya and mig masking sheets, but I found that the vinyl is better. Also get some extra blades while your at it. They are out of stock all the time.( edited to list the correct mask material I use)

Last edited:
Mo, I find that the question of vinyl or Tamiya masking paper is up to the task you have. For tight curves like around canopies the Tamiya works best for me, but for flatter areas the vinyl is nice, and since it is a little transparent it is easier to place. Best to have both.

I guess there is no wrong or right with what to use. Just my personal preference I will use the vinyl 90% of the time. Last batch I bought, I ordered from England. I couldn't find it here. I think I ordered 10 rolls. That was after trying many different types of vinyl. And yes some I tried are way to thick and not flexible enough. One type was very elastic. You had to be really careful with that one. I really liked the ultra mask after trying it.(incorrectly listed wrong vinyl mask.)

Last edited:
I splurged and got a few kits I shouldnt have gotten after Christmas. I'm waiting on a Miniart G7107 which has reached Canada and so should arrive by mail sometime this year.
35380_art.jpg

I also ordered a Caudron G.III and that will require importing some silk spiders or caterpillars and training them on rigging.
title_product.jpg

The rest arrived yesterday and today.
DSC09372.JPG
DSC09373.JPG
DSC09374.JPG
DSC09375.JPG
DSC09376.JPG
DSC09377.JPG

Now to build. I have been doing some since its been between -30ish and -42ish C over the past 4 weeks but working on my printers and playing games has cut into prime building time as it should not have.
James

There's some excellent scores here guys!

Here are two of my Christmas presents that I got from others.

This first one is from a Secret Santa on another Forums; one of three Stryker variants I'm looking for:

full

It comes with quite a few goodies inside:

full

Along with these decals, it comes with stickers to put on the vision blocks on this thing. Looks like they even included extras:

full

This next one is one I got from a friend in Florida:

full

This will be the first ever Sword model I ever build.

Stay tuned as I will be posting the other models I bought with Christmas money when they come in...

Back