• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I almost forgot my Valentine's gift!
EasterShark 001.JPG

Regards,

Life gets in the way with my Cromwell CS tank build.:(
But it isn't all bad. A friend of mine who is a great goldsmith, decided to stop with the modelling hobby.
So he tought it was a good idea to give away his stash.
I got five moving boxes with some pretty good kits.
Having too much unfinished projects, I gave it to the members of my model club.
Left are projects he also didn't finish. Here are some pics.

IMG_5079.JPG
IMG_5080.JPG
IMG_5081.JPG
IMG_5082.JPG
IMG_5083.JPG
IMG_5085.JPG
IMG_5086.JPG

Life gets in the way with my Cromwell CS tank build.:(
But it isn't all bad. A friend of mine who is a great goldsmith, decided to stop with the modelling hobby.
So he tought it was a good idea to give away his stash.
I got five moving boxes with some pretty good kits.
Having too much unfinished projects, I gave it to the members of my model club.
Left are projects he also didn't finish. Here are some pics.View attachment 133565View attachment 133566View attachment 133567View attachment 133568View attachment 133569View attachment 133570View attachment 133571

Neat projects!

Here is three models I got this past couple weeks. All of them were free.

First are these two kits I got from a friend at my IPMS club. He'd gotten them from a widow who'd contacted him to donate her husband's models, supplies and tools to our SoCal IPMS club. One was still in plastic: a collector kit of the ancient Hawk 1/72 scale Spirit of St. Louis commemorative kit from the 50th anniversary of Charles Lindbergh's flight:

full

This other one he gave me was a started 1/72 scale Airfix SH-2F Seasprite helicopter. The guy did a good job on this:

full

This third one I got in interesting circumstances. I had been hired to clear out an apartment where a woman had passed away. Apparently someone in her family loved Volkswagens, perhaps it was she herself. I was finding a whole lot of Volkswagen memorabilia and such all over as we were cleaning up. Then I found this still sealed in the shrink wrap:

full

Of course I took that home and yes I will build it!

That's all I got for now. Later I'll have pics of some birthday presents that I bought with Christmas money!

Here is three models I got this past couple weeks. All of them were free.

First are these two kits I got from a friend at my IPMS club. He'd gotten them from a widow who'd contacted him to donate her husband's models, supplies and tools to our SoCal IPMS club. One was still in plastic: a collector kit of the ancient Hawk 1/72 scale Spirit of St. Louis commemorative kit from the 50th anniversary of Charles Lindbergh's flight:

full

This other one he gave me was a started 1/72 scale Airfix SH-2F Seasprite helicopter. The guy did a good job on this:

full

This third one I got in interesting circumstances. I had been hired to clear out an apartment where a woman had passed away. Apparently someone in her family loved Volkswagens, perhaps it was she herself. I was finding a whole lot of Volkswagen memorabilia and such all over as we were cleaning up. Then I found this still sealed in the shrink wrap:

full

Of course I took that home and yes I will build it!

That's all I got for now. Later I'll have pics of some birthday presents that I bought with Christmas money!
That bug looks cool!

Happy Birthday to me! These are three items that came in for my birthday.

This one was a bit unexpected; my sister Kat sent this to me out of the blue:

full

These two I bought for myself with Christmas money. I'd been wanting these for quite some time:

Military version:

full

Civilian version:

full

Yay! :dance::Drinks:

My wife went to see what was left at Pier One stores (which are closing their businesses) but they were gone and replaced by a 99cent shop. Of course, she went in. One of her bags included this "bought for you:"

1614594676591.png

Regards,

Nice one Saul! Hey, she loves you man!

Bob, I agree, that bus sure looks ungainly! But it appears they used hundreds of them as troop transports during the war.

Back