• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Well here is something that I have added to the stash. Sorry but all that I have are the links.

1616026542841.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilde-Sau-Resi ... 2749.l2648

1616026582997.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilde-Sau-Resi ... 0227.m3827

Looks like nice resin, Paul. If I didn't already have the Koster stuff I would be tempted. Show us how it works out.

I picked up these. The Dornier was at the local hobby shop and made it easy to get it. I had thought about ordering, but will support my local shop when I go in.

Aq-392.jpg

These were some inexpensive items and they came from over the big pond to the west. They are pretty decent though I had to unsubscribe from the deluge of advertising on odd items that followed.

Aq-393.jpg

I did also order a set that were 3.5x but they are a bit too strong and the depth of field was a lot smaller. They will have their place but these work better. Imagine painting detail with your optivisor, but sitting up and at arms length.

These were some inexpensive items and they came from over the big pond to the west. They are pretty decent though I had to unsubscribe from the deluge of advertising on odd items that followed.

Can you name the shop? I think it was the same I bought my visual enhancer as well but don't recall these dental magnifiers.

Regards,

It was an odd site, I will dig up the link tonight. Shipping took (I think) 2-3 weeks, but don't remember fully. Only problem I found is that there are 2 screws holding the lens assembly to the frame and I had to remove one screw so the lens assembly could be rotated slightly to align with my eyes as there was an angle difference.

I would also suggest passing on the 3.5 as it has too small a depth of field (close to away) It might get used on some super fine machine work, but that will probably be all.

Can you name the shop? I think it was the same I bought my visual enhancer as well but don't recall these dental magnifiers.

Regards,
Here is a link Saul. It is a weird site and looks to be Russian with the item in question to be shipped from China. Price was like $35 each. It took a while to get here but I have no problem with what I obtained. There are other options that are more expensive, but go have a look see.

Here is the link: Ali Express

PSJeep1.JPG
Click on Jeep to see inside the covers!

FonthillT35.JPG
AWPSA10a.JPG

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much information! :D

Regards,

Last edited:
When I went in the USAF I was slated to be a bomb loader on the A-10, when I finshed boot they switched me to the B-52, I so wish they had left me there because I wouldn't have been sent to Grand Freakin' Forks.... :bash:

When I went in the USAF I was slated to be a bomb loader on the A-10, when I finished boot they switched me to the B-52, I so wish they had left me there because I wouldn't have been sent to Grand Freakin' Forks.... :bash:
But the bomb load was less on the BUFF! :D Kidding.

Regards.

I havent been taking pictures much but here are some things I've got over the past little while. The Tiger looks good but one of the shortfalls of the kit are the decals so I have a set by Star Decals coming. Now I need to find a barrel. The 3D printed stuff in the Tiger looks very cool and the detail set should help fix some issues. The kit is 5001U which has some corrections and new parts from the original kit.
full

Got the A9 and A10. A9 is in the basement so no pic.
full

Got 2 of the Canadian Machine Gun Carriages and the book from Service Publications. The book has some good history but unfortunately no close up details.
full

I have also switched to Iwata airbrushes. Got the Neo and the CS and love them. So on an impulse picked up the tool set. I think its way over priced but oh well.
full

Should have some more stuff arriving today. Got 2 of the new RFM Crusaders coming as well as some other kits.
JAmes

Hi there

Just arrived. The new issue of Italeri's 1/72 Macchi Mc.202 Folgore.

It is the same kit but new decals, and somewhat better details. Got a few to keep me going in the next few weeks.

Cheers

Alex
IMG_5278.jpg
IMG_5279.jpg

Got a bunch of stuff coming next week but this came in this past week.
full

full

full

full

My original book never arrived but Nuts and Bolts were very quick with a replacement. Expect a review shortly.
full

And decals.
full

full

This was a mistake but my buddy James can use it so it gets shyipped out this week.
full

And for the 2 RFM Pz III Js I have these two sets. From cold to hot.
full

full

James

IMG_E7829.JPG
I had a sense of foreboding when I removed this box from CultTVman in Georgia. What I ordered from Steve (With a BIG Kiss my Sphincter to eBay) should not surprise anyone here.
IMG_E7830.JPGIMG_E7837.JPG
Mike Rasmussen is responsible for this from the last Zoom meeting! He's making Mutley's biplane from the Snoopy Camel and told me where to buy one of my very own! I lacked the ability to continue Life without BOTH!!

Atlantis reissued the old 1970 Monogram kits this year! Snoopy and I flew endless hours over the trenches together. I bugged my Mom daily for another AA battery! The Red Baron Kit contents were undamaged and the box matters not, because I really am going to play with these UM!! Rather build them!!! I have my own AA batteries now! No cordless mouse in our humble rural home is safe!

It is true this Red Baron looks NOTHING like Manfred. I will add more airplane nuances than I did in 1971. They will still be great fun!! Collectors must be committing suicide as we speak. The Used (trashed) Snoopy Sopwith Camel kit is no longer worth anywhere near the $170.00 mark! I look forward to the re-issue of the 1979 Monogram/Tsukuda Buck Roger's 1/48 Starfighter kit! $280.00?!? Yah Mutha's ASS!!

That's fantastic Alex! Looks like a fun kit!

Excellent scores James!

Nice ones Chris! Man, I want those! I never had them as a kid.

Back