• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I bought the re released airfix Bentley blower this evening on-line before stocks dry up again. God knows when i will get round to building it but at least i have the option now if i fancy it.
I built one in about 1973-4 when it came out and made a hash of it, tried again in the 90's but didn't really have the know how to get round the terrible wheels or chrome parts with huge attachment points :)
I will give it another go, if i cant make a good job of it now i never will :)

719btG4nt3L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Some older references needed replacing as the shop copies get damaged!
Ki-84 Profile 70.JPG
Ki-84 FAOW 1971 29.JPG

1618498448773.png
1618498463151.png

Plus, some new items from Archer Fine Transfers. Note that some are not decals but Fabric Texture Appliqués!
AR FG35046 WWII USMC Uniform Patches.JPG
AR9055 M1 Helmet Insignias.JPG
AR99042 German SS Uniform Patches.JPG
AR99043C German SS Shoulder Boards Art and StuG.JPG

AR99044 German Helmet Insignias.JPG

Regards,

With regard to scale modeling, what is a foam cutter used for?

While I have not used this foam cutter (hot wire rigged to a hot knife was enough for me) it was used to make Styrofoam shapes on aircraft and boats. Nowadays, it is seeing a lot of use for dioramas, making buildings and mulit-level bases without weighing it down with loads of Cell-u-Clay (or similar).

Regards,

Ordered from Japan on March 9th, delivered today (March 11th), how's that for speedy post?

1615508374436.png

Regards,

Last edited:
Well done Saul! Nice haul.

John, that B-17 is so cool! I've always wanted one myself! Looking forward to seeing that one done.

Last of my Birthday haul arrived, and a surprise gift. Pics forthcoming.

Okay, here is my latest scores, starting with this Master Box British Mk I tank from WWI modified for the Gaza strip. I got this in a trade:

full

Looks like I cut off the very top of that box...

These are the last Birthday presents I ordered with Christmas and birthday money.

First is a vehicle I never thought I'd ever see in my scale! This is a French APC, the ACE AMX VCI derived from the AMX-13 chassis:

full

I gotta get me a second one of these; I need one for my Italian Army. Speaking of my Italian Army, This next vehicle is for them. The ACE Centauro B1T a later variant than the one I built earlier:

full

This next one is my ACE British Centurion Mk.5. I show it like this because they sent it with the wrong box:

full

These next three are for my Israeli Army. First is this ACE IDF Centurion Shot Kal Alef:

full

Next is this ACE IDF Centurion Shot Meteor:

full

This third one is the ACE IDF Nagmashot APC:

full

Finally, this last one is one I've been wanting for awhile. This is the Armory M-41 Walker Bulldog:

full

This one is one that a friend of mine gave me for my birthday. This is the Modelcollect CLUB-M Coastal Defense Missile System. Now I have enough large trucks to do another Big Truck Build:

full

Okay, now I have enough to keep me busy for oh.... the next month and a half! LOL!

Well, something big arrived on Friday even though it was sent back in December of 2020. Thanks to Hubert for my Christmas gifts! :D

A heavy book. Hubert has always put a lot of thought into his gifts. I didn't know this one was coming but he is aware of my great interest in the Polish Uprising!
DemartPolishUpriginsFactsDataPhotohraphs.JPG

PolskaWalczacaSet.JPG
PolskaWalczaca53.JPG
PolskaWalczaca52.JPG
PolskaWalczaca51.JPG
PolskaWalczaca50.JPG

He also knows I love wheeled vehicles, ambulance, and 'faces'...
Ambulance version with medical boxes included.
MiniArt35297GermanDeliveryCarType170V.JPG

SAR helicopter which didn't have a sharkmouth...AnswerKitsAA48002box.JPG
such as this one... Click to see inside.
1615777328334.png

So he included this decal sheet...
AnswerKitsDecals48002.JPG

with these eyes!
1615777377902.png

and the Polish weapons history books continue!
WLUWydanieSpecialne202001.JPG
WLUWydanieSpecialne201908.JPG
WLUWydanieSpecialne201904.JPG
WLUWydanieSpecialne201907.JPG
WLUWydanieSpecialne201804.JPG
WLUWydanieSpecialne201803.JPG
WLUWydanieSpecialne201802.JPG
WLUWydanieSpecialne201401.JPG
WLUWrzesien1939Book177.JPG
WBS2017017TP.JPG
SladamiPoskichGasienic19391947Book5.JPG
SladamiPoskichGasienic19391947Book4.JPG
SladamiPoskichGasienic19391947Book2.JPG

I now feel ready for the IBG 7TP tank being sent to me.

Regards from Mister Information Overload,

Last edited:
I forgot to post this here, even though I did in another thread (about the subject):
1615860211735.png

First edition published in 1965. It looks great, considering it is my age!

Regards,

I am going out on a limb here and assume you can speak and read Polish Saul? Or are these books bilingual?

Whenever this Corona hell subsides and people can travel again, you might find yourself in Germany, more specifically in the East - There is a border town called Frankfurt an Oder which is linked by a bridge to the town of Slubice in Poland. There is a flea market there in which you can find all sorts of (original) memorabilia and literature about Poland in WWII. It is very interesting.

Cheers

Alex

Wow Saul! That is quite the Haul indeed! Way to go Hubert! He must really like you. I'd be interested in that 7TP tank; I'm assuming it will be in 1/35th scale? I have a friend that wants to commission me to build it for him to go with the PZ I I did earlier.

Way to go everyone!

Back