• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Nice looking catch there John! Many years ago I built up the Gotha from a K&B boxing. It ends up being a pretty decent sized model.

I have a couple of old Aurora WW1 planes in my stash that probably need a new home. An Albatros D3 and a Sopwith Triplane (Black Maria)

I don't usually play here, but this is too good not to share. My bride got me this for my birthday!

IMG_1450 (2).JPG
IMG_1451 (2).JPG
IMG_1452 (2).JPG

Super easy assembly and I was cutting foam in less than 20 minutes from the time I opened the box. Yeah, I know, it's one of those tools you don't use much, but nothing takes the place of the right tool for the job. I've got THE best wife in the world!

Nice score Warren, I learned how to drive a stick in a MG Midget. Wasn't as old as that one. Is that late 60s?

Happy Birthday today, two days ago and tomorrow, Mike! The thing looks COOOOL! or Hot as the case may be!
Yer Wahf is a gud'en. The smartest girl in Burke county!

Not really a model, more of a 1:1 project but in the works of buying this..

View attachment 133148View attachment 133149View attachment 133150

Might have to hold off buying kits for awhile and focus on the building since my allowance money will be going to this!!
You must excuse my ignorance. Nova Scotia, right? Are there very many nice convertible driving days in NS, or is this little vessel intended for car-rides to the sunnier South (Which is almost everywhere, if the globe is correct.)
My Uncle had one like it. It was FUN!! God rest him.

You must excuse my ignorance. Nova Scotia, right? Are there very many nice convertible driving days in NS, or is this little vessel intended for car-rides to the sunnier South (Which is almost everywhere, if the globe is correct.)
My Uncle had one like it. It was FUN!! God rest him.
Hey Chris, we do get quite a few sunny days here and our winters have become much more milder. Usually don't get snow until mid January now and even then, we get the odd nice day (16 C/60 F). I should be able to get good use out of it. I probably won't be taking it out of province, due to its age!

I needed to replace my used and abused shop copy... but I overpaid & a week later, Joe Bakanovic of Tiger Model Designs (TMD) has his copy on sale for less than half what I paid. He has hundreds of aviation books on sale for excellent prices. Click image for list:

AeroDetail 24 Nakajima Ki-84 Frank Hayate.JPG

From eBay, a metric set from 0.1 mm to 2.0 mm -
DrillBitsMetricA.JPG
DrillBitsMetricB.JPG

Decals for my Tamiya kit...
DutchDecalsD32013 P-51D.JPG

More books...
MMPCameraOn23StaffCars01.JPG

Blame on this falls squarely on James Knaus! :)
PekoBessarabiaBelgrade01.JPG

I didn't order these books, but the vendor told me to keep them if I review them. OK. They have a bit of history, color profiles, and an overview of available kits.
PenSwordA6MZero01.JPGPenSwordDC301.JPG

Click photo to see inside...PenSwordSdKfz251a.JPG

For nostalgia as I have several books in Polish.
StratusPolishWings23SpitfireVv1a.JPG

After a seller backed out, John told me about Amazon's deal so I used my rewards to get it at that great price. It is to be used for a review of 3d printed gun bays specifically for this kit and I will give John first dibs on buying it with the gun bays as I don't plan on keeping it.
Revell03927SpitfireMkIXcBox.JPG

Regards,

Last edited:
Is the Sd.Kfz. 251 book worthwhile? I have a few other books from this series and find them generally okay but a bit hit or miss.
James

Back