• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

My latest acquisition...
Not a new knee but it got a good overhaul.
View attachment 127372

I'm sure you all have heard me crying about my knee all the time so I decided this summer to get something done. Torn meniscus and a shopping list of other issues in there. Doc said I should be good for another 50k miles so we'll see.

Hope later this week I'll be able to get on the bench some. I did drill out the magnetos on the Junkers yesterday. I have a plan for the ignition harness, just have to pull the trigger.
Ouch. Well don't overdo it like some other idiot did right out of surgery. I hope they fixed you up Bob, bad knees suck. speedy recovery.
James

My latest acquisition...
View attachment 127372

I'm sure you all have heard me crying about my knee all the time so I decided this summer to get something done. Torn meniscus and a shopping list of other issues in there. Doc said I should be good for another 50k miles so we'll see.

Hope later this week I'll be able to get on the bench some. I did drill out the magnetos on the Junkers yesterday. I have a plan for the ignition harness, just have to pull the trigger.

Damnit Bob-1.jpg

Geez Bob! You should try and take a little better care! Hope it gets all better quick so you can kick butt and take names!

So, if not your knee Bob, what is the new acquisition? The bandages? Medication? Rehab? :D Here's to a speedy recovery. Seriously, putting the painful effort up front (following the physical terrorist's instructions) pays off dividends in a quicker and more successful recover. Wait, did I just write terrorist? :D My wife is one so I know!

Regards,

Well I'm a happy camper now :) I just managed to get some Sopwith Camels. 3 Clergets and a le Rhone. Now I have enough for my Pheon decal set of Belgian aircraft and a couple of Canadian pilots. Picks when they arrive.
The decal sheet I have.
1998-3.jpg

I'm a bit late posting these, seeing as how I got these at least a week ago.

First is the Hobby Boss 1/72 scale 2S19-M1 self propelled howitzer for my Russian Army:

full

Next is my two Chieftains from Takom in 1/72 scale:

full

I hope to start on these soon. Just trying to finish up what I have one the bench first. Who knows? One of these might be Finished Armor Model Number 800! LOL!
The 2S19-M1 self propelled howitzer looks interesting.

My latest acquisition...
View attachment 127372

Glad things worked out Bob.
Speedy recovery.
Frank

I was busy yesterday.
I know for certain that I built the A-7 and the Revell-o-gram Spitfire in my youth. The Judy was $10.00, so why not? The PCM 190 was a steal! Not certain what I'll do with the PickUp, but I love it in a red scheme. My wife suspects that I may have blown my budget for September already... Nah, got an old AMT/Frog 3 acft set coming.

Have I mentioned that I Hate Moving, lately?

IMG_0401.jpg

Got in 2 of 3 new Tiger books today. So far they look interesting but need to read more. They are the work of " 20 years of research on three continents, across 25 battle maps, 31 tables of data, more than 500 photographs and drawings, and previously unidentified first-hand accounts "
I'll definitely get the third title but I am surprised that the first two cover small periods of the initial use of the Tiger I while the third will cover all the rest of the use. I'll see how that goes.
full

full

full

I got mine from Amazon.ca
James

Barney, I can feel for you on the moving. I have moved 9 times since 1990. The last 3 moves were since 2006 and have been horrible.

I feel your pain. This will be my 56th change of address. I thought they would carry my cold dead body out the front door and they still may!

Back