• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Nice score Mark, Saul & Ian ... Congrats ... I've got it made ... Wifey thinks I'm closing down ... I can bring anything in .... :woohoo:

Latest Acquisitions

It has been a while since I have posted my latest aquisitions. While you have seen the posting for the latest one which is an ongoing beast, here are a number of others I have picked up over the last couple of months. (Yeah I know) Pain in the can to take, edit, upload and post the pictures, but here they are finally.

Aq-020.jpg

Aq-021.jpg

Aq-022.jpg

Aq-023.jpg

Aq-024.jpg

Aq-025.jpg

Aq-026.jpg

Aq-027.jpg

Aq-028.jpg

Aq-029.jpg

Aq-030.jpg

Aq-031.jpg

Aq-032.jpg

Aq-033.jpg

Aq-034.jpg

Aq-035.jpg

Aq-036.jpg

Aq-037.jpg

Aq-038.jpg

Whew! There it is everyone. I think the King Tiger is going to be the build for Terry's Tank GB. I would love to be building one of the oddball giant tanks from Meng or that Dragon T-28 I have, but there are no AM parts for them. :bang head

Latest Acquisitions

I got this from Model Expo during their July 4th sale. My wife has wanted me to try something differnt model wise for a while.

6478A391-9407-4591-9474-97935F7264DB_zpsv0xal43a.jpg

DBBE1A7C-1A20-41CC-A8F3-AA2E16C044A4_zpssbkmv4va.jpg

28B45EF6-460C-41B1-A1E9-C2B0AB3267EA_zpsrk28rkep.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Gosh, nice Gator. I've been eyballin that one too. Keep us posted on how it goes and what you think. I've done a few of their small wood boat kits and like doing them. Braks up the builds between plastic kits.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

I would love to be building one of the oddball giant tanks from Meng or that Dragon T-28 I have, but there are no AM parts for them.

Click on images to go to the instructions. Simply print. Note that the C is for the Imperial Series kit with the long gun but the complete instructions for the regular kit are there. Ignore the addendum with the 'upgrade' parts.

Also, there is AM for the T-28 and Meng Tortoise, you simply need to ask.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Wow! :woohoo: Thanks Saul! Very much appreciated!

Since you mentioned AM being available on the T-28, I'm askin, I'm askin! It wouldn't happen to be some decent tracks would it? :frantic :eek:hmy:

Latest Acquisitions

Paul, decent tracks aren't made as they would be properly narrower than the kit tracks making Dragon's error (splayed out hull angles to meet the wider tracks) obvious.

Existing AM would be PE detail sets from both Voyager Model and ET Model.

The same companies also produce PE detail sets for Meng's A39 Tortoise.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Paul, decent tracks aren't made as they would be properly narrower than the kit tracks making Dragon's error (splayed out hull angles to meet the wider tracks) obvious.

Existing AM would be PE detail sets from both Voyager Model and ET Model.

The same companies also produce PE detail sets for Meng's A39 Tortoise.

Regards,

Cutting and chopping is something I do well Saul. I was under the impression that the T-28 used either some Sherman links or some Patton links, but have not run across an info that clarified that.

Thanks again for the Instruction links for the Stugs. I could have figured out the assembly from the Ausf B I had built and the box art/photos, but having instructions just makes it so much easier.

Latest Acquisitions

Gosh, nice Gator. I've been eyballin that one too. Keep us posted on how it goes and what you think. I've done a few of their small wood boat kits and like doing them. Brakes up the builds between plastic kits.

EJ
The only problem I see is the barrel is off-center. I'll drill it out larger and on center and then use brass tubing as the new center, filling the gaps with super glue.

Latest Acquisitions

This came in today from Sprue Brothers. It goes down great with a brush and can be buffed. This will be great for smaller chrome parts on cars and trucks and props on ships.

EE7EB574-B951-4756-9C7D-327BE5477B65_zpsdjhxa4wr.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Microscope arrived. Weighs a ton. Also a Unimog, VW Wagon and Forklift.
Maybe pics in a bit.
Too hot here, too sore, and still recovering from the smoke days. At least the wind doent blow the wrong way too often. Could be worse though. We have 700 refugees here from Saskatewan where there are even more fires. We havent had to evacuate yet.
James

Latest Acquisitions

James, You've got my curiosity aroused. Does the microscope have anything to do with modeling, or is that another hobby?

BTW, I hope you're going to post some of those modern German kits after you build them. I'd like to see how they look!

Bob

Back