• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

James, You've got my curiosity aroused. Does the microscope have anything to do with modeling, or is that another hobby?

BTW, I hope you're going to post some of those modern German kits after you build them. I'd like to see how they look!

Bob

Looks like James is all set to paint some extremely fine details on some figures. VBEG

Cheers from Perer

Latest Acquisitions

Some of you will recall that at the end of last year I bought a Takom 1:35 Leopard 1A5, the kit was/is superb, but the FIVE PIECE individual track links scared the poo out of me and I couldn't see a way around the fear other than simply sell the kit.

hc91ba13_2015-07-17.JPG

h33c3ecf_2015-07-17.JPG

Now skip forward to three weeks ago. Browsing eBay for something entirely unrelated, I came across a new Hobbyboss Leo 2A4 for just £10.50 plus another £10.00 postage. Problem resolved, buy the Hobbyboss kit, sell the Takom one and I still a 1:35 Leo to build.

The kit arrived this lunchtime, and the first thing that struck me was, other than the sheer size of the beast, the TINY parts count !! - Just 208 parts not including the poly caps and the individual lenses for the periscopes make up this kit. I tell you, this thing is going to go together at a h*ll of a rate !!

he0fc31a.jpg

h348a5da.jpg

So there it is, a bl**dy cheap, accurate and huge tank kit that hopefully will go together with the minimum of fuss - the proof of that will be in the progress thread which I'll start-up very soon. In the meantime here's a couple of inspirational photos, coincidentally all of Austrian Leo's in the plain OD colour scheme, I'll not be building mine like that, but the photo's are pretty good wouldn't you say...

hedc593e.JPG

hf8ac4fb.JPG

hefc615b.JPG

AFN

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Sweet!

https://youtu.be/TR9OarByvQA

With you and James getting all this modern German stuff I'm surprised there has not been a feeler for a campaign :salute

Latest Acquisitions

Don't let them get to you James about the scope. I have a similar one with a 3rd eyepiece for a camera. It is the normal microscope type base though.

So what made you invest in that hugemongus scope? BTW I like the light ring around the base of the occular.

Latest Acquisitions

James, You've got my curiosity aroused. Does the microscope have anything to do with modeling, or is that another hobby?

BTW, I hope you're going to post some of those modern German kits after you build them. I'd like to see how they look!

Bob

No other hobby. I am hoping it will allow me to do some of the detail work I enjoy but am not currently able to pull off. Used it to drill some .2inch holes on a .45inch piece of plastic last night. Will take some learning and getting used to.
As for the German stuff, well I keep getting hounded for more Soviet stuff to display.
Hopefully soon though I can get into my Leos at least.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Don't let them get to you James about the scope. I have a similar one with a 3rd eyepiece for a camera. It is the normal microscope type base though.

So what made you invest in that hugemongus scope? BTW I like the light ring around the base of the occular.

One day I may buy the usb camera eye piece for it. And reason I got it is it is almost like the one at work we use for soldering circuit boards. This one is a better one though. I ended up with this because it had all the features I wanted and the light ring included. That and its a $1300 piece of kit I got for $360.
Way too expensive for modeling but if it allows me to do my detailing and to paint figures as Peter said then it will be worth it. If not I will try and flog it to my Dentist or Doctor or try the hospital. I just hope it works.

Bob, rigging, painting, fine detailing.
James

Latest Acquisitions

lol Paul. Its ironic I have moved up to 1/32 because my eyes are getting worse and then get a microscope to do extra small detail work. :rotf
James

Latest Acquisitions

UMM order came in:
RVD48024a.JPG

Guess why it was bought?
RVD48024b.JPG

Raffle items (I didn't photograph the large rubber mallet or the cloth flag):
AuctionJuly01.JPG

Package on the left contains plastic navigation and identification lights. I pick them up whenever I see them as it is a real time saver.

AeroF15book.JPG

Oldie but goodies... replacing the one I have that is falling apart.

AcademyIDFinfantry.JPG

Someone put this in my hands...

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

SAme sheet that I have for my MiG 23. And yes I'm doing the Czech sharkmouth one !!

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

SAme sheet that I have for my MiG 23. And yes I'm doing the Czech sharkmouth one!

Ian, there are two shark mouth schemes, Hell Fighter 3646 (50th Anniversary Scheme) shown below and "Tiger" 3922.

0816508.jpg

Which are you going for? I plan to build both. The set I bought is the one with stencils and masks for the fading seen here:
3646_-_hell__6__129.jpg

3646_-_hell_372.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks for that, Saul. I'd looked for a reference for #3922 but never found it (and I went to airliners.net first !!). That's a great help.

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

I'd looked for a reference for #3922 but never found it (and I went to airliners.net first !!).

I've lots more. Remind me when you start yours. In the meantime, I am trying to find these markings in decal form but chances are I will need to make them myself.

2191448.jpg

Regards,

Back