• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Didn't Micro/SuperScale do those in the early 1990's along with a lot of other (not so good) MiG 29's and late MiG 21's... My memory isn't too good on that, but I'm sure someone around that time (re-unification) printed them.

The MiG is here, I started it for the Red banner campaign, but moved it over to Wesendorf Field when I realised that I'd not get it finished within the time.

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Didn't Micro/SuperScale do those in the early 1990's along with a lot of other (not so good) MiG 29's and late MiG 21's... My memory isn't too good on that, but I'm sure someone around that time (re-unification) printed them.

Ian, I was buying decal sheets from SuperScale, Aeromaster, Hi-Decal Line and so on but none covered the Flogger. I did build this one in 1/144th:

Mig%2023%20Fly%20out%20DDR%20Kit.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

GSpaintXactoZ.JPG

Saul I've always avoided those Z blades thinking it was just marketing or whatever with jacked up prices. This weekend I needed new blades so, remembering you picked up some I figure if it's good enough for Saul...
I tell ya, they are worth the little extra cash, VERY sharp and they are tough, I've even been cutting PE with this blade and it's not even showing a nick yet.

Latest Acquisitions

I've tried those Z blades at work and just never got the feel for them. The tip of the point is different. I've switched over to scalpel blades. I get the #11 blades from England. The are smaller and fit in an x-acto handle better. I use it for general work. This is my go to detail knife.

518apMyMAtL._SL1500__zpscrti8pcs.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

I like the looks of that knife. Got any more info on it?

Got in some more Aviattic goodies. Some light and daek German CDL decals and their brand new WWI Pheon and Moore 3,5HP RFC Model.
I went whole hawg and got the bike, side car and rider sipping aa cuppa.
And a new barrel for my Meng Leo 2A4

DSC05577.JPG

DSC05578.JPG

DSC05579.JPG

For more info on the bike check here. Its resin PE and white metal and WOW its nice.

s889257479264688213_p227_i2_w320.jpeg

s889257479264688213_p224_i4_w320.jpeg

Check out the whats new zection. Cant wait for the 1/32 WW1 German "MARIENFELD" truck nor the Ansaldo A1 Basalda.

James

Latest Acquisitions

Saul I've always avoided those Z blades thinking it was just marketing or whatever with jacked up prices. This weekend I needed new blades so, remembering you picked up some I figure if it's good enough for Saul...

LOL, I picked them up because I had a discount. This was my first try and they are indeed worth the difference in price.

I've tried those Z blades at work and just never got the feel for them. The tip of the point is different. I've switched over to scalpel blades. I get the #11 blades from England. The are smaller and fit in an x-acto handle better. I use it for general work. This is my go to detail knife.

518apMyMAtL._SL1500__zpscrti8pcs.jpg

Kenny, I have over 31 different knives. As such, I have several "go to" knives and scalpels. It all depends on what I am doing.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

LOL, I picked them up because I had a discount. This was my first try and they are indeed worth the difference in price.

Regards,

:rotf :rotf

Guess we both got lucky huh. :good:

Latest Acquisitions

M&M Models is at the IPMS show,
ips1_zpsxlqvl9r5.jpg

Sometimes, I can find one of the best deals EVER. :yipee From Rare Plane Detective.

ips2_zpsdshc4x8d.jpg
$55 for that lot. :tomato

Latest Acquisitions

Congrats Chad! There are several guys from my local club up there. Enough that this months meeting is cancelled. I guess that is a good thing as I was supposed to do a soldering demo and am going to be busy myself. Next month. :hmmm

Latest Acquisitions

I received a parcel yesterday.

These are the goodies that were for me.

Those figures in the Horse Draw Convoy set are NOT 1/35! They are at least 1/32 scale! At least the horses are a good size to be used as draught horses.

I'm going to do a review of the Master Box Watchtower set and will post it somewhere where others can see it.

The Master Box Rommel figures set is really nice too. I'm not sure which tank I have that will be getting Rommel but he'll look good on or near it. I'm just happy that Master Box didn't split Rommel's head vertically like Dragon did with their Guderian figure. I wonder what possessed Dragon to do that?

I have another of those Matilda kits built from many years ago. I had built it as a tank on a training exercise in England. This one will be set in North Africa.

That Dragon 9024 Valentine kit has Made in Russia on the sprues and it looks very much like the very old Maquette Valentine I have as do tthe instructions. Does anyone know if indeed this is a rebox of a Maquette kit?

I also received a very nice Sovereign set of resin 2 Pounder ammo boxes (2 types) plus some metal sheels and casings. Maybe later I'll post an image of that set. Right now I'm tired and using IE because the forum wouldn't accept my login from Firefox. With Firefox I'd tried to login for over an hour before giving up.

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

IMG_3203_zpskh8hy4v9.jpg

That Dragon 9024 Valentine kit has Made in Russia on the sprues and it looks very much like the very old Maquette Valentine I have as do tthe instructions. Does anyone know if indeed this is a rebox of a Maquette kit?

This kit was one, of a few, where Dragon used others' molds in their Imperial line.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Congrats Chad! There are several guys from my local club up there. Enough that this months meeting is cancelled. I guess that is a good thing as I was supposed to do a soldering demo and am going to be busy myself. Next month. :hmmm

Thanks kindly. I will be going back to Rare Planes Detective. :frantic

Back