• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

He probably based the figure off Sean Connery's character in "Robin and Marion."

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Warren ..... I'm trying to make a Old fashion Hobby Shop like I remember when I was but a wee child ... So I'm going to start carrying Balsa & Bass wood .... I have some Balsa .... but I need to start in with the Basswood ..... :good:

Latest Acquisitions

Love that Knight even if it looks like Sean Connery

What's wrong with Sean Connery :bat It really does look like him though doesn't it.
Chef once looked at that figure a few years ago and we thought it funny how much it looked like Sean Connery - and I really like him and he played some fantastic roles and makes the charactors come alive

I'm just messing with you :evil: I'm sure they based the figure off of him in some way. He does make a very convincing Knight.

Latest Acquisitions

tumblr_mdpou5ZlCp1rl6a6uo1_500.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

So I goes to Hobby Town for some supplies see. I then see this and it says buy me see. :D

box1_zpsmuuic9ke.jpg

Also picked up two bottles of the new Tamiya flat coat.

flatcoat_zpsd0cwqfvj.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

This showed up today. The box is freaking huge for a 1/48 kit, jet or not:

IMG_0002_zpsxs3luag1.jpg

There is a whole bunch of goodies in the box:

IMG_0003_zpsjfg75ylm.jpg

Here is a first look review that I found. And no, its not anyone we know:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/edu/kit_edu_1186.shtml

Adam made me do this.

Latest Acquisitions

Got another wood kit the other day from a friend. An older kit, dated 1993. A nice little sailer. "Elsie" a 1910 American fishing schooner. A model shipways kit. Makes in to a 21 1/2" long by 16" high model, 1/8" = 1 foot. It's a plank on solid hull build. I'm looking forward to doing this baby as soon as my little wood flattie is finished.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

Hay EJ. I have the H.M.S. Enterprise wooden kit that my late wife got my ... what 20 years ago. It's a plank by plank I looked at the instructions and put it all back into the box LOL... I have been building plastic model all my life but when I saw that it was like you needed a college degree :bang head

Anyone that can build a wooden kit. You Rock !

Latest Acquisitions

Hey Dubau;
It's really not so tough. The so called "kits" are really a package of materials put together as a one stop scratch build. Some have a few pre-cut parts that help determine the hull shape, but from there on, you're kinda on your own. Personally, building a wooden boat or smaller ship is, for me, easier than a 1/700 aircraft carrier. Those things take me a year to do. If I break or lose a part in a wood kit, it's easy enough to make another one, usually from the scrap.

Try a skiff or canoe or rowboat first, and you'll see how easy it is. Somewhat different skillset and a few different tools, but it grows on ya and you keep stepping it up. I've never done a project as involved as the "Enterprise" kit, but I'm workin toward it. The Constucto Enterprise kit now cost's over $300.00.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

NIce boat there EJ!! :woohoo: B) I have the 1/64 Niagra which I picked up awhile back at a flea market. I'm looking foreward to starting it when I get up the tools & supplies needed for the build. I believe it is a plank on plank like your Enterprize Bud... I see little difference in doing a Wooden model as opposed to a styrene ship. As EJ said, a little different tool set up & mind-set.

Latest Acquisitions

NIce boat there EJ!! :woohoo: B) I have the 1/64 Niagra which I picked up awhile back at a flea market. I'm looking foreward to starting it when I get up the tools & supplies needed for the build. I believe it is a plank on plank like your Enterprize Bud... I see little difference in doing a Wooden model as opposed to a styrene ship. As EJ said, a little different tool set up & mind-set.

Plus - the change of pace is good too. I often have a small wood boat going to break up a big plastic kit build. :drunk

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

Hey Dave,

Check out this one I'm doing.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/in-the-navy/150076-little-wood-flattie :captain

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

Plus - the change of pace is good too. I often have a small wood boat going to break up a big plastic kit build. :drunk

EJ

Roger that!! :woohoo: :evil:

Latest Acquisitions

Hey Dubau;
It's really not so tough. The so called "kits" are really a package of materials put together as a one stop scratch build. Some have a few pre-cut parts that help determine the hull shape, but from there on, you're kinda on your own. Personally, building a wooden boat or smaller ship is, for me, easier than a 1/700 aircraft carrier. Those things take me a year to do. If I break or lose a part in a wood kit, it's easy enough to make another one, usually from the scrap.

Try a skiff or canoe or rowboat first, and you'll see how easy it is. Somewhat different skillset and a few different tools, but it grows on ya and you keep stepping it up. I've never done a project as involved as the "Enterprise" kit, but I'm workin toward it. The Constucto Enterprise kit now cost's over $300.00.

EJ

Yea I think she payed about 250.00 for the Enterprise at that time. It's the instructions that is messed up to me. It's nothing like a plastic kit.

I think when I get all my things here " Years from now :( " I might try it.

Latest Acquisitions

This arrived today. The newest Trumpeter Russian Tank. Fantastic paint schemes including a number of current Ukraine tanks all illustrated by Ammo of Mig.

DSC05265.JPG

James

Back