• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

It's all my little buddies fault !! :blush: , Ben is six-and-a-half and in the last eighteen months has graduated from Disney Cars, to Lego, to Mutant Ninja Turtles & Superheroes, especially Batman, and now he's into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqeykHtKUbk

Now I was fourteen in 1977, so needless to say I'm not entirely against his new addiction, in fact, on a whim I wandered over to eBay looking for a little something that we could build together as a celebration of our new-found 'connection' (not that we've ever been unconnected you understand).

And now I own one of these:

h6eacff1.jpg

Not the MPC Snowspeeder or X-Wing that I was hoping for (have you guys seen the prices of those things now ?? :eek:hmy: ), but he's gonna love helping the old man with this !!, yep today is a great day to be a little boys' Dad - I'm such a...

:geek

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

You are very Blessed Ian ..... Congrats nice model kit I hope you share the build with Us ....

Meanwhile When rearranging the Bunker I found this kit that I had shelved about 5 years ago .... I memtioned it to Ryan and He wanted to see it .... 1949 Ideal Historic Ship Model kit .... So without further ado ....

hf2770a4.JPG

The box ...... falling apart but this kit is older than Me ...... Come to think of it .... I'm olny 1 year behind ..... :eek:ldguy

h5747586.JPG

Can you see the date ???

hc32defb.JPG

haf8ef57.JPG

The innards .....

h488cd30.JPG

Some copper shields ......

haac4f88.JPG

The figure head & anchor ......

h3fc34cf.JPG

Some Oars .....

hfc332f8.JPG

The destructions ........... :good:

Latest Acquisitions

You know that don't look bad! The metal oars and shields are cutting edge now adays. The sail looks new.

Latest Acquisitions

I know MP .... Maybe I'll see about building it one day .... the shields aren't tarnished either a Little 3-M pad and they would be ready to paint ... The Hull is made out of some kind of compressed sawdust material ..... I found out that Our family are from the Norsemen who settled England ..... Probably explains My being able to draw Viking ships when I was in 4th grade .... :eek:ldguy

Latest Acquisitions

Renee and I were vendors at ModelFiesta in San Antonio this past weekend. I can tell you that this is an awesome show, we have been several times. The quality and quantity of models on display is unbelievable. Last year, they had more entries than IPMS/USA national convention!

One of the highlights for Renee and I is the "Tool Lady". She has some really nice modeling tools at very good prices. I picked up a set of curved, long and short matte black tweezers for $10.00. I also got 1 straight and 2 curved sets of embroidery scissors 3 for $10.00.

I picked up these kits to play around with.

drip_zps214ad627.jpg

Ryker_zps2cde5ac2.jpg

I also got the movie "Against The Sun". It is only available for digital download.

Latest Acquisitions

Looking great Kenny! We have a guy calls himself the Toolman out here too. I always try and pick something up from him.

Seriously? They had more than 2400 models on the tables last year? I'd love to see pics! That would be one rocking show!

No real additions for me; just a German Munitionsschlepper PzKpfw IV Ausf. D/E in 1/72 scale at my IPMS club's raffle. I may start it soon...

Latest Acquisitions

Got some more WWI goodies today as well as the Albion tool and some albion tubing. The tool is bigger than I expected.

DSC05260.JPG

DSC05261.JPG

DSC05262.JPG

DSC05263.JPG

DSC05264.JPG

gun1~0.jpg

gun2~0.jpg

I also found an easy conversion on ebay to make McCudden's S.E. 5A. It is by True details. Should be here soon I hope and looks like this.

TD32507-2.jpg

James

Latest Acquisitions

That Viking ship is beyond awesome. Interesting concept on the sawdust hull. I like it (y)

I'm not sure what the composition is ..... A couple of more photos .... For you ...

he6efb62.JPG

h29c33d7.JPG

h3e86b68.JPG

Very hard to tell as you cans ee the kit has been started .... :captain

Latest Acquisitions

I also found an easy conversion on ebay to make McCudden's S.E. 5A. It is by True details. Should be here soon I hope and looks like this.

TD32507-2.jpg

James[/quote]

Looks like they reworked the cockpit mod for his early SE.5A that was included in the Encore/Roden release.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

I was looking at that tool to but it was to expencive for my wallet then :(

Nice kits those WnWs!

//Mats

Back