• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Here you go. Printed in an 8 page booklet 8.5 x 11

pge1.jpg

pge2.jpg

pge3.jpg

pge4.jpg

pge5.jpg

pge6.jpg

pge7.jpg

pge8.jpg

James

Latest Acquisitions

About 3 weeks ago my nephew ordered me a set of mini drill bits for my pin vise. They came in last week! Haven't had a chance to use them yet but, good to have them on hand... He ordered them off Amazon for $5.

Latest Acquisitions

Gee, why would you want those Sherman? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Looking good, can't wait to see what you do with them.

Latest Acquisitions

Nice score there Sherman .,..... whatcha building ???

Hey I just got something ....... new tool .... these things cost about $30.00 .....

h97a7d61.JPG

But if you get some they just make you feel like cutting some styrene ..... I can't describe the feeling best tool ever ..... they just make you want to snip, snip ...... I just can't put them down ...

Latest Acquisitions

I prefer the Xuron Professional Sprue Cutter. Nice, smooth cut.

Professional Sprue Cutter

I have some of those the difference in these is like the difference between a Chevy & a Cadillac ...although both are cars the GWS are just top of the line ..... I have a pair of Xuron PE cutters also ..... the citadels are just smoother in your hand, the feel and the cut is very close to the part .....

Latest Acquisitions

I have a very old pair of cutters similar to this angled head micro shear cutter. With a major exception, I sharpened the cutting edges almost razor sharp. What this does is allow me to "set" the cut slightly back from the part if I want and then it nicely slices the sprue connection in a clean way. I don't use that cutter to cut the sprue frames as that is too heavy.

Their PE shears work quite well as the cutting edges are very sharp as well, but I had to modify the spring. It was so strong you could use the cutters for a hand exerciser! I removed and heated it until I had softened the tension so that 3 fingers could squeeze the cutter. Whoever chose that super spring never used it for cutting any PE. Also I never use that cutter for anything but cutting PE. Paper will dull it in a hurry. Adding a small drop of oil between the shears and on the hinge pin smooths up the action very nicely as well.

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks for the advice when I get to it I have my Saratoga "Vietnam Cruise" Back date I've been working on for a bit found out I'm not a ship builder ..... I need about 30 More Phantoms to finish Her up ..... any way I bought the forestal PE set for Her ...... Lots of PE to cut ..... (y)

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks for the advice when I get to it I have my Saratoga "Vietnam Cruise" Back date I've been working on for a bit found out I'm not a ship builder ..... I need about 30 More Phantoms to finish Her up ..... any way I bought the forestal PE set for Her ...... Lots of PE to cut ..... (y)

Yep, GMM pe? Lots of goodies on it!! :good:

Latest Acquisitions

1 / 4 th scale kittens, Felix and Jasper

hc1710fc.jpg

h1ac1606.JPG

The little ones will be three months in two days' time.

Laurence

Back