• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

First time I buy Löök panel and I am not that happy after having Yahu...
Eduard644246P47DLook00.JPG
Eduard644246P47DLook01.JPG

3D printed upside down so, let me invert it:
1719108793626.png

I truly dislike Steel seatbelts but they are included (one way for Eduard to get rid of them I suppose). I wonder of the paint flakes off. If so, I will anneal and repaint.
Eduard644246P47DLook02.JPG

For my Floggers in the stash...
Eduard648431MiG23MLWheels.JPG

First time I buy Löök panel and I am not that happy after having Yahu...View attachment 170734View attachment 170735

3D printed upside down so, let me invert it:
View attachment 170738

I truly dislike Steel seatbelts but they are included (one way for Eduard to get rid of them I suppose). I wonder of the paint flakes off. If so, I will anneal and repaint.
View attachment 170736

For my Floggers in the stash...
View attachment 170737
Yeah Saúl, I have not been impressed with the LooK panels either. The printing is way too coarse. I love the look of the Quinta Studio resin decals. I have been ripping out the old Eduard PE instruments and panels on my Ju88 A1 build and replacing them with the Quinta Studio decals. They completely changed the way it looks for the better. The old PE basically peeled off fairly easy once I manage to pop an edge or corner. Some of it was that self adhesive garbage. There were a couple of items that I left in place as there wasn't much difference or it looked great as is. The only thing I don't like about the Yahu panels is that they are flat and just printed. The instruments are printed on a backing piece and then there is a flat front piece with holes in it. The printing is great but it has no depth. I guess that isn't as noticeable in 1/48th as it is in 1/32.

I recently bought Revell's little Porsche 356 C in 1/16 having been asked by someone to build a model of it for his wife......

I haven't done a build blog with this as i have been rather disappointed in my recent output and i need to take stock and get that missing parts of my builds back that i have lost at the moment. Its funny how all modellers seem to go through patches where they cant be bothered or they lose interest doing exactly the same thing that really absorbed them a few months before :)
Anyway i thought i would post this as i am so impressed by Tamiya's Mica colours, basically a scaled down metallic finish in rattle cans and for fine work you can get the same paint ready decanted into Tamiya jars in their LP lacquer paint range , this is Mica Red

_DSC9293.JPG
_DSC9295.JPG

This has a wet coat of Tamiya clear gloss on, it doesnt need it from a gloss point of view but it might give the paint a bit of protection over time.

Hi Saul

I bought the Kits world 3D printed "decal" panels for a FW190 recently, they look ok but not sure i will use them yet

KW3D1321037.jpg

Its a shame you have to sand the kit panels smooth to fit these because it means there is no going back if they just dont look right :)

I recently bought Revell's little Porsche 356 C in 1/16 having been asked by someone to build a model of it for his wife......

I haven't done a build blog with this as i have been rather disappointed in my recent output and i need to take stock and get that missing parts of my builds back that i have lost at the moment. Its funny how all modellers seem to go through patches where they cant be bothered or they lose interest doing exactly the same thing that really absorbed them a few months before :)
Anyway i thought i would post this as i am so impressed by Tamiya's Mica colours, basically a scaled down metallic finish in rattle cans and for fine work you can get the same paint ready decanted into Tamiya jars in their LP lacquer paint range , this is Mica Red

View attachment 170741View attachment 170742

This has a wet coat of Tamiya clear gloss on, it doesnt need it from a gloss point of view but it might give the paint a bit of protection over time.
The finish looks great Paddy!

I bought the Kits world 3D printed "decal" panels for a FW190 recently, they look ok but not sure i will use them yet...
My issue with the 3D resin decals is that they seem more like cake icing than instruments. A degree of puffiness to them that I can't ignore (but I should as I bought quite a few thinking I would get over that feeling!).

Hi Saul

I bought the Kits world 3D printed "decal" panels for a FW190 recently, they look ok but not sure i will use them yet

View attachment 170744

Its a shame you have to sand the kit panels smooth to fit these because it means there is no going back if they just dont look right :)

I would suggest the Quinta Studios sets. I have used them on my Ju87A build and just removed the Eduard PE panels to replace them with the Quinta panels.
Here is the panels for the Revell 1/32 scale Fw190 F8.
Fw-190 F8 for Revell 1;32.jpg

The only instrument faces I have seen that look better are the Yahu panels, but the actual panels are just flat PE with holes. It seems the Quinta stuff is getting better and crisper the more they do. The only thing I find wrong with the Quinta panels is where they have a high straight edge either at the edge or around an instrument or something. Then the ink is missing from the sidewall and needs to have a minor touchup with a fine brush and paint.

Back