• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

That Hind is a beast of a kit for a chopper, lot's of mixed media in there. It is a mixed bag of buy's but I wanted to do a King Tiger and the Ferdinand kit was to good a buy to pass up a dio subject for sure. I was thinking of joining the Twin campaign with a P-38 j but someone is doing a balls to the wall build of it already but I have other option's.

I will for sure ( might have to buy a kit for it :devil: )I have my 4 day off shift starting thursday so will hit it then.
On a side note I"am chuffed that I managed to download pic's and resize them without crying for help (just).
Do we still have the same start up picture with a date stamp rule and campaign completion dates ?.

I will for sure ( might have to buy a kit for it :devil: )I have my 4 day off shift starting thursday so will hit it then.
On a side note I"am chuffed that I managed to download pic's and resize them without crying for help (just).
Do we still have the same start up picture with a date stamp rule and campaign completion dates ?.
Good deal on the photo resizing. Mine are about halfway between 1024 and 1280 across the top. I always resize them to either my standard post photo or 1280 if it is a quickie photo to show something.
As to the date and time thing, it usually depends on the group build. As far as I know the only thing in the last few years that needs the date/time thing is the Micro Modelers Month in March. Starts no earlier than 12AM March 1st and has to be done by Midnight on March 31st. Other than that we have become rather laid back on the builds lately.

Yeah but just show the unstarted kit photo. Not so worried about dates, we just want to see models built.
Awesome thank you Heavens Eagle and MP

20240528_183357.jpg
My 61st birthday present to me arrived in the Post today. What could it be?
20240528_183707.jpg20240528_183713.jpg20240528_183737.jpg
This model is in fact, inaccurate. The separate elevators are NOT skinned in metal. It is still REALLY COOL, and almost the same price as the old
BT-67 resin conversion set was, if you could find one! ABT-67 gunship? :hmm:
:lol:

This last weekend was Wonderfest up in Louisville KY. I went up on Saturday for the day with the intention of obtaining 2 figures and an airbrush. The rest was visiting with people I have come to know there.
The entrance fee for just Saturday was $50 and the early entry fee for the dealers room pushed that to $70. Yeah that pretty much has pushed it to the last WF I will be attending I think.
I had success on the figures I wanted and picked up a few other goodies.

Aq-522.jpg

Aq-523.jpg

Aq-524.jpg

Aq-525.jpg

Aq-526.jpg

Aq-527.jpg

Aq-528.jpg

I still need to obtain an adapter to attach the airbrush to my Paasche air hoses, but am looking forward to trying it out.

Wow, $70 US just to get in? That’s crazy! Saw a few videos on youtube of the floor and the dealers room. Looks like someone had a rather large model of the Enterprise’s shuttle bay!

Nice haul!

I couldn't help myself (yes, I have a problem)!

Saw this on Ebay for what I thought was a good price.

IMG_7354.JPG

Huge for a George! Here's the 1/24, 1/32, 1/35, and 1/48 for comparison

IMG_7355.JPG

IMG_7356.JPG

and I found this 1/32 Doyusha kit. I'm liking these old large Japanese kits.

IMG_7358.JPG

This was another I had my eye on.

IMG_7357.JPG

Wow, $70 US just to get in? That’s crazy! Saw a few videos on youtube of the floor and the dealers room. Looks like someone had a rather large model of the Enterprise’s shuttle bay!

Nice haul!
$50 for the day. An extra $20 to get into the dealers room at 8am. If you don't do the extra $20 some of the figures will be sold out (The Aurora kit for example and possibly the Lion kit)
That is fine. I won't do it next year. The $70 bucks will go to buy a Paasche touch up gun, then eventually a full size sprayer. Here is what I am talking about.

Paasche HG-10 HVLP Touch Up Gun.jpg
Paasche LXG-20 Gravity Fed HVLP Touchup Gun.jpg

I decided to go with Paasche guns since I know that brand and I KNOW that I can get spare parts and alternate parts easily. NOT BOUGHT YET, but am planning. This is for my Car project.
Still not too sure about the LXG-20. Might go with the siphon feed unit that is the standard gun for spraying cars. What I like about the gravity feed is it can shoot paint with less air which also means less overspray and "bounce off".

Wow, what awesome acquisitions guys!

The First of June I got to go to the San Diego Model Expo and with the help of a friend, I got these excellent additions.

First, in the raffle, I won these tools:

full

I also got this mini display, perfect for my small scale:

full

After that, I picked up these three Grand Prizes:

full

full

full

These are the purchases I was able to get with leftover Easter money from friends and the help of another friend who came with me to the show:

First are these ancient "planes on a stick" that were first issued in the 1960's. There';s no interior or landing gear; they sit on a stand. These are both 1/72 scale as well:

full
:

full

Next is this ancient Eidai 1/72 scale kit of the Cessna 172. I got this since my brother learned to fly in one of these:

full

Even though I already have one of these, I couldn't pass this up. I looked inside and there are two complete kits inside; and the seller had no idea and only charged me for one! Deal!

full

Another great score from the same guy:

full

'
Finally, I saw this and just had to have it:

full

And that is all I got at the San Diego Model Expo. I'm so thrilled! Looks like I'll be busy for a few days.....

Back