• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

A post-war Swiss Hetzer.

IMG_1257.JPG

The operational version of the Reichenberg human-guided bomb project that was never deployed.

IMG_1258.JPG

And for something a little different.

IMG_1259.JPG

Cheers,
RichB

A post-war Swiss Hetzer.

View attachment 166393
Not a Hetzer, this is the Hetzer (thanks to clerical confusion, someone misnamed the Jagdpanzer 38 as the Hetzer in a few documents but it wasn't official or even a troop nickname). Easy to see why as it is the same gun on a lightweight tank. From discussions with the late Tom Jentz who created Panzer Tracts with HLD (Hilary Louis Doyle).

1708405693074.png

I am curious if Takom has included the lubrication bolts on the final drive housings, escape hatch on hull floor, and weld beads on the road wheel rims added during the post-war manufacturing.

1708406460361.png

Click image if interested in a Facebook thread on the details of the G-13 from wartime Jagdpanzer 38. Hilary Louis Doyle and I discuss the photographs of the Swiss G-13. Hilary is on the Panzer tracts team.

EDIT: I just realized that Desert-Eriks world of modelling is a private group so, you'd need a Facebook account and to join.

Not a Hetzer, this is the Hetzer (thanks to clerical confusion, someone misnamed the Jagdpanzer 38 as the Hetzer in a few documents but it wasn't official or even a troop nickname). Easy to see why as it is the same gun on a lightweight tank. From discussions with the late Tom Jentz.

View attachment 166396

I am curious if Takom has included the lubrication bolts on the final drive housings, escape hatch on hull floor, and weld beads on the road wheel rims added during the post-war manufacturing.

View attachment 166397

Click image if interested in a Facebook thread on the details of the G-13 from wartime Jagdpanzer 38. Hilary Louis Doyle and I discuss the photographs of the Swiss G-13. Hilary is of Panzer tracts team.

EDIT: I just realized that Desert-Eriks world of modelling is a private group so, you'd need a Facebook account and to join.
The Facebook page is either super secret squirrel, deleted or moved. It doesn't show up for us riffraff.

Cheers,
RichB

Not a Hetzer, this is the Hetzer (thanks to clerical confusion, someone misnamed the Jagdpanzer 38 as the Hetzer in a few documents but it wasn't official or even a troop nickname). Easy to see why as it is the same gun on a lightweight tank. From discussions with the late Tom Jentz who created Panzer Tracts with HLD (Hilary Louis Doyle).

View attachment 166396

View attachment 166397

Click image if interested in a Facebook thread on the details of the G-13 from wartime Jagdpanzer 38. Hilary Louis Doyle and I discuss the photographs of the Swiss G-13. Hilary is on the Panzer tracts team.

Quick look at the kit parts. The drive housing doesn't have the added bolts, there is no floor escape hatch and no welds on the road wheels. It does have three gun barrels, a plastic and a metal barrel for the StuK 40 with muzzle brake and a plastic one for the Pak 39/48 gun. The idler wheel is the 4 hole type vice the 8 hole type seen in some pictures. It looks like it is based off their Late Production JgPz 38(t) kit.

Cheers,
RichB

The drive housing doesn't have the added bolts, there is no floor escape hatch and no welds on the road wheels.
Thanks for the update. If you weren't able to see the FB post, I can provide the details needed to make the G-13 variant.

Thanks for the update. If you weren't able to see the FB post, I can provide the details needed to make the G-13 variant.

I read thru the G 13 thread, should be relatively easy to bring it up to the later version. (Famous last words.) There is no interior provided beyond the gun breech so it is just a question of positioning the escape hatch on the exterior.

Cheers,
RichB

A couple other of kits I didn't get around to posting.

Markings for 2 x US Army vehicles in South Vietnam 1969, 1 x ARVN vehicle 1972 and 1 x USMC vehicle at Fort Irwin 1980.

IMG_1260.JPG

An OPFOR Type 74 of the ESU Tank Company at Camp Takigahara used in exercises against the Combined Training Brigade, regular JGSDF units and US Ground Forces. They were retired by the ESU in 2019 and replaced by the Type 90.

IMG_1261.JPG

Cheers,
RichB

Markings for 2 x US Army vehicles in South Vietnam 1969, 1 x ARVN vehicle 1972 and 1 x USMC vehicle at Fort Irwin 1980.

View attachment 166469
Thanks to @jknaus, I have this kit and have worked on it. I have LOTS of spare markings as I was sent decal sheets by Echelon Fine Transfers for my assistance in getting the sharkmouth schemes right. Let me know if interested in the spares so you have more options!

I have been doing a one man group build offline. So far, I only posted the subjects:
Patton my Face Dry in 'Nam

Thanks to @jknaus, I have this kit and have worked on it. I have LOTS of spare markings as I was sent decal sheets by Echelon Fine Transfers for my assistance in getting the sharkmouth schemes right. Let me know if interested in the spares so you have more options!

I have been doing a one man group build offline. So far, I only posted the subjects:
Patton my Face Dry in 'Nam

I'll keep that in mind when I get to building it.

Thanks,
RichB

New arrivals today.

A couple of ICM USAAF figure sets. Probably won't be used with 1/32 aircraft, but as vignettes on suitable airfield bases.

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

A carving tool set. If they don't work for modelling, I might be able to take up dentistry as a hobby.

IMG_1262.JPG

And a weathering pencil set from AK Interactive. It will take some playing to see what these can do. Second childhood and no lines to stay in.

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

Cheers,
RichB

Pencils look interesting but i suspect they will need a good point so why do they never put a sharpener in pencil sets ?

Pencils look interesting but i suspect they will need a good point so why do they never put a sharpener in pencil sets ?

In the pre-CAD days we had sanding blocks that were used to get finer points, or shape them, than you can get from sharpener. They are still available in art stores.

images.jpg

Cheers,
RichB

how do they price up against other artist pencils out there?

Individual AK pencils are $2.69 CAD, artists pencils are about $1.99 to $2.99 CAD, depending on the quality you want. The AK pencils also come in 5 pencil sets in Chipping colours, Rust colours, Dust colours, etc. and are $11.99 CAD each.

Cheers,
RichB

Back from a difficult 3 weeks getting my younger Brother laid to rest and cleaning up his estate although there is still a lot of stress and paperwork to come. I arrived early this morning around 0100 and crashed hard, but when I woke I checked out my desk which my wife said was my second Christmas. All stuff I ordered before Christmas which didnt get here until I was gone. The 2 new CSM kits look great and one of the nice things about pre ordering them is they usually come with a history book. There are three versions but I only got two of them. Then some stuff for my Kotare Spitfire Mk Is. I also got 3 new books to read if I find time somewhere.
While waiting for my flight to leave London Ont this beauty did take offs and full stops in a circuit and I think they probably come from Fanshaw College which has an aviation program now. Wish they had that when I lived there. The Sherman decals is a set I already have but can not find. So ordered another from the Ukraine and it finally arrived. Will do a 1st Hussar Firefly.
20240223_133243s.jpg
20240223_133247s.jpg
20240223_133248s.jpg
20240224_131319.jpg
20240224_131350.jpg
20240224_140322.jpg
20240224_140351.jpg

1708809872127.jpeg

1708809889636.jpeg

1708809905613.jpeg

Now hopefully I can get some modeling done. Oh and my brothers girls gave me his modeling tools and a few Historex Napoleonics and a 1/35 Pak 40 that I had given him for Christmas and birthday gifts that he never started. When I get them unpacked I'll post some pics.
James

@jknaus The Albatross is gorgeous James! I always like you posting the new kits and items you have obtained because at the least I learn something, or get to see something interesting. The Copper State Model kits of WWI vehicles are quite interesting. Thanks for posting.

My condolences James, I know how it feels to lose a younger brother. I'm thrilled his modeling things are going to a good home and I look forward to seeing them when you can post.

Back