• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

10 replacement Deep Cut blades for the Cricut.
CricutDeepCutBlades10x 001.JPG

20240205_170725.jpg20240205_170646.jpg
Sometime ago, I watched "The Yangtse Incident". The story of HMS Amethyst sparked my interest. I tagged their 1/700 model kit on the website "Notify Me when back in stock." tab. They did! I bought one. Rather than the time-honored, resin-cast model, it seems HMS Amethyst has been modernized to 3D printing. I'm a little crestfallen about this. I prefer resin cast ship kits. There is no denying the fine detail on all the parts and the p/e and decals stayed the same.

Now, HMS Buttercup, the 1/700 scale replacement for the ship model I used for my Flower class USS Intensity conversion and presentation IS resin cast, with a few 3D printed detail parts included YAY!!

Starling models owns most of White Ensign Models ship molds and rights, the WEM range is marketed under the Atlantic Models banner.
Shipping costs were reasonable and shipping time was pretty speedy!
Bravo, Starling models chaps!

I was looking at a model car today and somehow started reading about the Monogram based Revell Series 1 E-type jag in 1:8
Opinions vary but apparently the doors don't fit, the chrome spoke wheels are pretty awful. More worrying is the Wipers, the carbs and the dials on the dash all appear to be 1:12 so significantly under size....Sounds a bit of a nightmare ...so i bought one.

Continuing my occasional obsession with supposedly awful models that actually can be OK ( see my recent Roden DH4 ) I will put it on the shelf for when i feel inspired :)
More importantly when it arrives it will sit alongside my now ordered Eduard P38 and i will have a stash :) OK only a stash of 2 but a stash is a stash right ?

s-l1600.jpg

I have no idea why its a limited edition ? Is it limited in detail ? or demand? or maybe they thought we will never sell many of these so lets just make a few :)

Mean while as i never have to kits on the go i continue to wait for my replacement tub for the Bugatti....

I was looking at a model car today and somehow started reading about the Monogram based Revell Series 1 E-type jag in 1:8
Opinions vary but apparently the doors don't fit, the chrome spoke wheels are pretty awful. More worrying is the Wipers, the carbs and the dials on the dash all appear to be 1:12 so significantly under size....Sounds a bit of a nightmare ...so i bought one.

Continuing my occasional obsession with supposedly awful models that actually can be OK ( see my recent Roden DH4 ) I will put it on the shelf for when i feel inspired :)
More importantly when it arrives it will sit alongside my now ordered Eduard P38 and i will have a stash :) OK only a stash of 2 but a stash is a stash right ?

View attachment 165810

I have no idea why its a limited edition ? Is it limited in detail ? or demand? or maybe they thought we will never sell many of these so lets just make a few :)

Mean while as i never have to kits on the go i continue to wait for my replacement tub for the Bugatti....

I bought the 1/24 version and that kit looked quite good!

I got two models recently. One was a gift from a guy clearing his closet. He's more of a gamer so all that mattered to him was that I build models and it was a model he gave me. Yes, I'll build it:

full

This next one was a purchase at my SoCal AMPS meeting that I picked up to start at our build night meeting that was starting that night. I'm going to be making this a Syrian tank:

full

Thanks for looking in.

A package from Hubert (Dewertus) came in! Of course I will post the books later but the two kits immediately called my attention! Click to see inside! My work is cut out though as they are short run kits. It seems KP Models simply pantographed their 72nd scale kits to 1/48th but I still love them!

1708143926958.png

1708143944200.png

Thanks Hubert!

Back