• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Williams never mentions the difference in the leading edge angle at the wing fuselage junction Another issue in going from the B/C to the D. Maybe I just missed it.
He did in the IPMS Journal articles (which I have). Several photos are missing captions that mention them too. You can see the cut back wing root and styrene plugs here:
1700845070523.png

1700845080642.png

Rescribed lower wing with plug:
1700845165837.png

Fuselage changes aren't mentioned either other than the fillet:
1700845315854.png

But you can see the work has been done, primed, and re-scribed here:
1700845352372.png

IMG_0486.jpg

Saw these and just could not resist! Luckily, I have a couple of the Mk IX Spits in the stash. Lots of stuff coming in for Christmas and my birthday... The Big 70!

Hey Saul, here is a nice scheme for you!

@jknaus I have pondered the helicopter and just can't at this point. Too much to build and not enough time or energy. Congrats on the Junkers hope it was a reasonable price.
It was. Wish I had spare cash for some other WNW kits, but alas no. Of course I will never finish what I have in my lifetime anyway, but hey :)

@jknaus, that is a cool ATV! As for the tarhe, I asked ICM to send me another Cobra instead of the kit (that they offered for my reference help). So, if you need references... Let me know if they included the armor I sent photos of:
1701820626172.png

View attachment 163915
Hey Saul, here is a nice scheme for you!
@Barney, it is on my to-do list, along with the Greek Spitfire Mk Vc/Trop. I hope one of our own masters will build his. After holding one of his kits for a year (to do a review), I returned it along with a Spitfire Mk IX and the decals to do this scheme.

@jknaus, that is a cool ATV! As for the tarhe, I asked ICM to send me another Cobra instead of the kit (that they offered for my reference help). So, if you need references... Let me know if they included the armor I sent photos of:
View attachment 163916

@Barney, it is on my to-do list, along with the Greek Spitfire Mk Vc/Trop. I hope one of our own masters will build his. After holding one of his kits for a year (to do a review), I returned it along with a Spitfire Mk IX and the decals to do this scheme.
Did the Army ever actually deploy those modular units in the field?

Modular units?? Do you mean the ATV with the Anti Drone turret? If so I believe the Marines use them. All I have seen in Canada is the weapons vehicle and troop transport. The kit has 2 buggies and three choices of configuration. Otherwise not sure what you are asking Bob.

I'm talking about those mobile pods that they could sling under the CH54 James.
View attachment 164054

In Vietnam, the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) experimented with an air-conditioned, dust-proof surgical pod that could be transported with a CH-54 Tarhe helicopter when operating too far from hospital support or when bad weather delayed helicopter evacuation. The pod was only used twice as airmobile operations were too fast-paced to provide the necessary surgical personnel augmentation. Courtesy of the National Museum of Health and Medicine.
1702068451474.png

@moon puppy, for your Tamiya PBR kit... hang them from the ceiling:
1702068689510.png

Someone already did it:
ICM CH-54A picking up a Tamiya PBR

If you have the AFV Club kits:
1702068549627.png

1702068807453.png

For the Trumpeter kits in the stash (easier to build these subjects as crashed):
1702068852503.png

1702068899825.png

@moon puppy, have a MiniArt dozer ready?
1702068965738.png

Thanks Saul. I am sitting on this for the time being for a couple of reasons. A fellow has been making 3D printed front seats and jump seat and is in the process of making the missing framing and detail from the rear cabin as well as a proper rear seat. I'll wait for all of those first. Second, I have some projects stacking up and I dont want to ask for more info and then not use it for who knows how long. I need to try and focus on finishing stuff and not starting new stuff. As the FIL is coming for Christmas it looks like my free time will be spent away from the bench so all time frames are shot and gone.
Thank you though and I'll get back to you when I get closer.
James

Never thou8ght i would be buying Dolls house accessories ......BUT

These are real slate 1;/12 cobble stones that i bought as i have a plan for a base for the Current Bugatti build

_DSC8253.JPG
_DSC8254.JPG

Also, i saw this on one of those cheap Chinese sites for £15.00 GBP

61WM3EI7SvS._AC_SX569_.jpg

He is about 5" tall and i think he is resin
Detail looks pretty good for the price and as i am crap at figures it should be a challenge :)

_DSC8256.JPG
_DSC8257.JPG

So many interesting acquisitions guys! Way to go!

I have a large number of acquisitions to show to finish out the year. A raffle winner, two purchases; one was an early Christmas present, and the rest were Distressed Kit Auction winnings thanks to a client who paid for a commission.

Okay, let's get started..

My raffle winner from the November IPMS meeting:

full

Now my purchases, this one was bought so I can finish my SCUD C truck with the correct launcher arms:

full

And my early Christmas present:

full

And now for all my Distressed Kit Auction winnings. We'll start with the models. Remember I got almost all these for one or two bucks each, mostly because nobody else was bidding on them:

These were bundled because they were the same kit and there was some question as to whether one or both were complete:

full

full

full

full

I got this for the canopy as well as other accessories so I can finish a nine-year-old shelf queen:

full

full

I probably already have one built, but this is a cool looking plane:

full

full

full

full

Finally, at least for the models, there are six 1/72 scale vehicles here: four wargame kits already assembled and two GAZ AAA tracks inside the white box that need to be built:

full

And now, here is where I spent real money; mostly because I wanted the tools and paints. These are all from a guy who just decided he was done with the hobby and literally pulled everything off his desk and packed it into boxes to donate to our club president. Our president then sorted them into associated groups to sell as package deals. These are the packages I got:

We'll start with something simple:

full

It might not look like much, but this box is full of treasures: there's even a wire stripper inside for stripping the wires to use on the models.

Next up:

full

I got those tools for the organizer tray and to use. Still, a ton of useful tools; the non-toxic glue notwithstanding....

More tools and brushes:

full

full

One of my favorite packages:

full

full

And now for the paints and other supplies. These packages have mostly Vallejo paints, some Mig paints and a number of gloss and dull varnishes along with a number of other items:

full

And the final paint set is this Vallejo set, which I also got for the stand:

full

Well, that completes the haul for this month, and most probably the year. I don't see myself getting any more Christmas money to spend on myself, but at least I'm loaded for bear for the new year.

Oh, and for those who are curious; I paid $63.00 total for everything I got in the Distressed Kit Auction listed in this post.

Back