• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I've wondered of those dinos weren't really feathered, I mean have you seen featherless bird, tell me they don't look Jurassic.

Some I've picked up over the last few months.

Big Rufe! It was a good price too. Also ordered the 1/24 Float fire!

IMG_4541.JPG

Keeping with the theme....

IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

Some heavy hitters

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

and a car I'd buy if I was a millionaire

IMG_4546.JPG

@jknaus Really cool acquisitions James!

I was interested in the Italian plane until I saw a price tag. I have been really cutting back on my buys and it is starting to get easier, though some still slip in like the 1/16th Sdkfz 251 from Das Werk.
Das Werk has been coming out with some really interesting kits lately, and there are some more interesting ones coming.

@jknaus Really cool acquisitions James!

I was interested in the Italian plane until I saw a price tag. I have been really cutting back on my buys and it is starting to get easier, though some still slip in like the 1/16th Sdkfz 251 from Das Werk.
Das Werk has been coming out with some really interesting kits lately, and there are some more interesting ones coming.
Me too, but this one was fairly inexpensive and on sale. Unfortunately it was sent from Italy and they sent it economy and so two months went past before it arrived. Nice kit but too expensive and I wont buy from that place again.
As for Das Werk, they have brought out some very cool stuff. I got onboard right away with their first kit to find that the pre orders where sent after they sent the kits to stores. Was not happy to have to wait until after my local store already had it to get mine. Since then every kit I have bought has had problems with the instructions and other issues so I am pretty well just not buying their stuff unless it is something really interesting such as this. I will be buying their upcoming Bussing Nag Flak truck though as it is something I have wanted to build for a number of years. I have a resin kit I bought a long time ago, but it was second hand and it was missing parts and had poor castings and broken pieces and needed a Flk 17. I had one but lent it to my son so he could draw a 3D drawing and he trashed it. Unfortunately although he was very talented he lost interest after a few drawings and wont even try doing it again, especially as I asked if he could make 3D files for me. Just not interested at all.
JAmes

I seem to be stacking up projects while they pop into my mind but not sure when i will get round to them. :)

It occurred to me that i would love to build a WnW model but could never justify the price, I built a FE2b years ago and it was good fun so thought i would try and find a cheaper alternative.

FE2bFinished (8).JPG

Well the FE2 was out of the question but i did find this

51CG9DsbOiL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

So what a great project, Can the Roden DH-2 be built into a WnW competitor at a 3rd of the price of the WnW ?
I had a quick look in the box and i think its possible :)

I seem to be stacking up projects while they pop into my mind but not sure when i will get round to them. :)

It occurred to me that i would love to build a WnW model but could never justify the price, I built a FE2b years ago and it was good fun so thought i would try and find a cheaper alternative.

View attachment 163269

View attachment 163270
So what a great project, Can the Roden DH-2 be built into a WnW competitor at a 3rd of the price of the WnW ?
Good luck with that!

View attachment 163269

View attachment 163270
I will be interested on your take on the flying box kite.

Cool Paddy!

I picked up an old one but a good one last weekend while volunteering at our local museum. The old Revell Raiden kit from the '70's (1/32)

IMG_4562.JPG

While there, I noticed he had a larger built aircraft up in the stores closet. It was a BV 238. I asked what they were doing with it and was told if I took it immediately, I could have it! They got it at auction with a bunch of other kits.

IMG_4559.JPG

IMG_4560.JPG

I believe it is an old Airmodel Vac kit. The port wing had broken off, the previous builder had filled it with some sort of cement so it was heavy as hell!

:yipee:

@sharkman so what are you going to do with the old BV238? Yeah it is rough and has seen better days, but it could be brought back up to snuff.
The Raiden score looks good as well.

Yeah, I'm going to try and bring it back to life. Just working on stripping all the old layers of paint and stuff off it now! I'll have to source some reasonable props and exhausts and a few other things but I'm going to try and breathe some new life in it!

Great project sharkman , I for one have never seen that model before so well worth saving, keep us updated.

Mail call jujst came. I got my Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero to do one from Pearl Harbour and while shopping saw the new Kozak 2 Ukrainian MRAP from ICM. So of course picked it up. And finally I splurged on a 1/32 F-35A which I will do in Canadian colours now that we are finally going to get them....maybe. Not bad when you consider I was only looking for the Zero and some drill bits. I love the shop in Winnipeg as he always gives a little gift in the order. More exacto blades and a bottle of Micro Liquid Tape, something I have never used before unless this is a rename of their metal foil adhesive. Oops forgot pics.
20231106_152655.jpg
20231106_152710.jpg
20231106_152800.jpg

James

Last edited:
I had a MegaHobby $10 coupon and they had a 25% flash sale off Eduard...

Yes, I already bought a set of BRONZE undercarriage legs but I have five Eduard kits!
Eduard 648495 648872.JPG
Eduard648495bag.JPG
Eduard648495contents.JPG
Eduard648872box.JPG
Eduard648872C1.JPG
Eduard648872C2.JPG

Those look really good Saúl!

Those 3D prints are so sharp it is hard to believe that they are 1/48th. Eduard has really upped their game. They have had to with some of the other companies that have gotten into the hobby lately like Quinta Studio.

Back