• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

The B-24 could use some engine upgrades and the nose and tail turrets will need aftermarket. I found someone a few years ago that made some nice Vacuform replacements for the glass on the nose and tail turrets.

The B-24 could use some engine upgrades and the nose and tail turrets will need aftermarket. I found someone a few years ago that made some nice Vacuform replacements for the glass on the nose and tail turrets.
R2Detail makes the engine replacements and there are 2 places i've seen so far that do turret replacements. Only need the front and back as the top turret was removed and the bottom turret is replaced by a radar dome.
James

While I have been cutting back on buying kits. This one I just could not pass up.

Aq-493.jpg

Aq-494.jpg

While not a "new" acquisition, it might as well be. I finally emptied out the storage I'd had for MANY years and my old beetle is now home where it will start getting some TLC.

Old bug new home.jpg

The casters make it a breeze to move around so that it is out of the way. Unfortunately the paintwork I did years ago has some issues that will require a repaint. If I do so, not sure if I will try and redo the striping or not. That paint job was a pain in the can at the time.

Score
1694744218668.png

Will be plumbing this weekend, right @errains :mpup

I know, it's over kill, whatever. I got a 60 gal freakin compressor out back so overkill has already been established. This allows me to pump it inside. Got a Filter and water trap on the way also, should be here tomorrow.

Looks like good stuff, Bob. I used Synflex tubing in my shop, that what is used on truck trailer air plumbing. That's probably what that hose is.

Sorry, Bob. I've been preoccuppied with the new shop, making some improvements at the RC flying field, and rebuilding my website. Finally got another plastic model done tonight.

Sorry, Bob. I've been preoccuppied with the new shop, making some improvements at the RC flying field, and rebuilding my website. Finally got another plastic model done tonight.
It's no problem John, I've been busy overthinking this thing myself. :rotf

Bought this "Command and control vehicle on sale. Ran across the reference book just browsing so got it as well since I have the Das Werk 251 kit.

Aq-495.jpg

Aq-496.jpg

If you really want to control air flow at your airbrush get some of these.

Air Regulate01.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have unfinished business with one of these sets from about 15 years ago and just found another on ebay. They are long out of production now
But sometimes they come up when people clear out their stash.
This is a full resin set and i remember it being a complete nightmare, basically the front over hang was too heavy for the resin supports to the bulkhead but hopefully now with 15 more years under my belt i will solve that with .4mm piano wire.......................one day :)

Back